The Sage -Snipe

snipe

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Been working on this for about 3 weeks. After watching Niels lesson about 50 times this is the result. I appreciate any comments sugestions about the finger roll stuff, as that is new terrritory for me. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks for the Lesson Niel

Mike

wrench

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:03 pm

I KNOW HOW HARD THAT SONG IS! And you made a seriously fine effort at it. Nice job.

You have a pretty good handle on the techniques the song requires. I don't think you have the music exactly the way Neil had it in his TAB page, but that's honestly a little thing considering the fine job you did on it so far. I remember being quite amazed how that much music fit onto one page! I spent my first four days just learning the music.

Regarding the finger rolls, Neil suggested an exercise where you first practice rapid change from the pick to the middle finger, then from the middle finger to the ring finger. Eventually, you can roll from the pick to the middle finger to the ring finger quickly and smoothly. I found the exercise effective.

Mike, you took on a big project, it turned out pretty well, and I know you're a better player for it. Great job, and Pizza Points to you, my friend.

Dan

buddy

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Snipe,

I don't know this song so I don't have any pointers. I just wanted to commend you for taking on such a difficult piece and encourage you in your efforts. You have made a great start on this and I hope you get more specifics to move it along since you have worked so hard at it.

Bud

Chasplaya

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi Snipe, I think I echo Buddy's comment, as I haven't really tried this yet. SO I commend you for taking on this song, so many parts to learn, take my hat off to ya.

Chas

Lavallee

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi Mike, I am not familiar as well with the Sage but you seem to have a good grasp on it. It is quite amazing that you have learn it in 3 weeks as it look quite elaborate. The rolling part is coming out very nicely and you have a good picking speed.

Marc

BobR

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Snipe,

That's is one difficult piece. I have not even looked at it until now so I wouldn't dare comment on any details. I watched yours then went and looked at Neils play through. It seems like your well on your way. Very very nicely done.

Bob

haoli25

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:37 pm

WOW Mike, you decided to play a very tough song. I think Greg Lake would be very pleased with your effort. Your version was excellent. I would suggest that you try using a metronome (or cowbell) as you continue to practice this song. You were a little fast in some sections and a little slow in a couple of others. It is always nice to see someone take on one of the more advanced songs in the TARGET program and post a video. Bravo, Mike! Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

izzyhara

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Coming together really nicely. This is such a difficult song, but the tune is haunting. I haven't started it yet but am again inspired by my TG friends. I am not a natural at that type of playing, so it will really be a struggle for me. Way to go Snipe. You need to get a chair that squeaks, and then you will be almost exactly like Neil. Izzy

michelew

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:05 pm

Amazing progress Mike, especially for 3 weeks!! An inspiration to be sure. Thanks for posting.

Michele

snipe

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Dan: Thanks for your observations and help with the finger part. You are right, it is quite complicated and quite frankly some of it is a real pain! Im sure Im off on some of the music but I'll get it eventually.

Bud, Chas, Marc, Bob: Thanks for your encouragement, and taking time to watch. Much appreciated.

Bill: I agree about it being too fast and too slow in parts. Maybe I should try a "cowbell" as you suggest. Thanks for the input.

Izzy, Michele: Thanks for watching and the good words!

Neil: I believe I misspelled your Name?!?@@**%^$$$^^****
It won't happen again!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic