The Sage -Snipe

cosmicmechanic

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:56 pm

You can be quite proud of this Snipe, and we all suspect you've got this down even better when you're off camera ;)

I feel quite humble thinking of what it takes to be able to perform "The Sage" in front of an audience while singing.

As for tech comments: I got nuttin'.

Thanks for this

Pierre

dekotaj

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:21 pm

WOW Mike,

Man that's looks like a hard song.Got some BIG finger stretches in it.You have done a good job with it.Thanks for posting it.

Kevin

snipe

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 am

Pierre: Thanks, and I agree, when you watch Greg Lake do this live it is truly humbling!

Kevin: There are definetly some serious stretches in that song. I belive it has really helped my flexibility quite a bit. If nothing else its worth it just for that.

AcousticAl

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:26 am

I haven't gone near this song yet. It's got a BIG RED 8 beside it!!

You're doing a great job on a very difficult song- especially only 3 weeks in.. Congrats!

MarkM

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:28 pm

Mike,

Wow!! I'm with Al on that big red 8 up there next to the title. I haven't tried this and I doubt I will for some time. For 3 weeks of work you did a great job. It looks as though you have all the individual parts down pretty well and your technique is very good. The only thing I would say is that right now each individual part seems a bit seperate from each other which is completely understandable for such a difficult song. I'm sure with another few weeks you will have this all smoothed out and it will sound even better than it does now. Kudos to you for trying such a tough song. Your hard work shows in this performance. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

snipe

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:22 am

Al: Thanks for watching and the kudos. I think it will take some time to really get it.

Mark: Thanks for the good words and your observation. I can see now that it wasnt really flowing. I was choking on some of the chord changes too. Also as Bill had noticed it was too fast in parts and slow in others. This is all very helpfull. Now that I have posted it I can relax and try to perfect it. Wonder if anyone else feels the same after posting a video?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic