Bourree by Marc first take

Lavallee

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi all,

This is my first take at Bourree. When the lesson was posted I had already memorized the first section but the second section is the challenging one. Tom has posted a version followed by Neil's comments which definetely applied to my playing as well. Since then I modified my playing to adapt (tried to) to them.

One of the comment was to alternate finger when hitting the same string, minimize the hand movement and to have a continuity in the middle of the phrase that have a bass line. Still not always alternate fingers and the last section is still difficult for me. I have been practicing with the metronome section from Neil' s lesson.

Just realize that being less confident with the second part, the intensity of the bass line weakens as the song progresses

Comments welcome

Marc

BobR

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Marc,

First take really nice, It sounds to me that your practicing is paying off.

Bob

haoli25

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Congratulations on a difficult piece, Marc. I watched the video through 3 times and it was better each time. You are doing great! Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

buddy

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:19 pm

WOW Mark,

This is a great first run. Your transitions were smooth and your picking was clear. It is fun to watch players like yourself and others progress on the guitar as we work together on our love of music.

Bud

wrench

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Coming along nicely Marc. I made special note of your comment regarding the weak bass line in the second part. If you're gonna record it, get your money's worth! The point is if you had played those notes boldly, I would never have known you were not confident in that part of the song because you played it all very clean. Good job, I'm having pizza in your honor right now.

Dan

izzyhara

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:25 pm

That was really really good. I am with you - I have the first part down and just can't get the second part to match up, in consistency and tempo and all. But I am truly inspired by your performance, and I will keep working. Nicely done !! izzy

michelew

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:44 pm

Marc,

That is fantastic progress! It is already sounding good. It is just a little more practice before you nail it. Good job!

dekotaj

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Hey Marc,

Really will done.The timing was very good.Have not checked out Neils lesson on this song,But think I might take a look.Very well done Bravo!

Kevin

beaker

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:11 pm

Nice job Marc, that was very well done! Yeah, you slowed down a little in the 2nd section but it was still good and it will only get better! Beaker.

MarkM

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:00 am

Marc,

No comments here as this song is well beyond my skill level. Well done!!! The tempo and clarity of the notes were very very good. I think a few more passes at this and you are on your way to nailing this song. Thank for sharing.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic