Bourree by Marc first take

snipe

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:25 am

Marc,

I thought your left had technique was perfect. coming together very nicely!
Mike

mark

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:35 am

Hi Marc
Well played.

Anyone who has tried this knows that it's a difficult piece of music.
It's amazing how much hard work is involved in playing one minute of music.

Trying these harder pieces can only make us better players.

You've got me a little worried. I've only looked at the first part. I didn't realise it was going to get harder!!

I don't really have any pratical suggestions (apart from slow down the difficult bits).

jim56

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:44 am

Hey Marc,

I see no issues here. Sounds good to me. Looking forward to your next update. Thanks for sharing. -Jim

dennisg

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:35 am

Marc,

This was an absolute pleasure to watch. You really like to tackle the hard ones, and it's good to see your diligent work pay off. Congratulations.

neverfoundthetime

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:52 am

Nice work, as always, Marc! You like to tackle the tough ones and it shows that you really rise to the challenge. You have big hands and move them very nimbly ... especially your left hand. look forward to the progress on this. Merci!

AcousticAl

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:14 am

Nicely played, Marc.

I haven't looked at the lesson yet- probably won't for a while, as I'm in danger of trying too many songs- and only learning them half-way.

Looking forward to part 2!

willem

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:21 pm

J.S Marc,,, well done,,can give any good advise,,only to say your big on your way,,i know a little because i'm on this lesson to,,but now only the first part and now i try to play with you,,,i know the second part is thougher, but the whole thing is nice to learn and can be impresive to perform..practice...practice...practice...well you know..

Lavallee

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply, I have been travelling all day

Bob: Thanks, Just to make sure, the first take means the first video as I have worked a lot on it.

Bill: thanks for the hands

Bud: Thanks, what I like about the videos, is that you can see before and after and and with the help of the comments somewhat quantify our progression. I sure love that hobby.

Dan: Thank you, I think that the bass line got weaker since 90% of the focus was almost on the left hand as I am not that confident with let say the last quarter.Poor right hand was on his own :laugh:

Izzy: Thanks, that second part being up and down the fret board is tougher, but Neil's good explanations have made it possible.

Michele: Thank you, as you said more practice is in order but it so fun to play

Kevin: Thank you, What I like about those classical arrangements is that they bring us back to the foundation of the music we hear on the radio and how much they have inspired the modern musicians. I think learning them give the player more depth.

Beaker: Thanks once I get fully comfortable it will get to the proper speed. I was playing with Neil metronome section (much slower at 50 BPM) and every now and then I would make through. I realize now the benefit of the slower speed as if you always play it fast (meaning more automatic) you do not really think, it is more instinct. I noticed that I could not start from where ever I wanted when I made a mistake. I always had to restart from the top. As I am getting more use to the play along metronome with Neil, I realize that going slower helps so much knowing the song better.

MarkM: Thank you, I am sure that you can do that song as it is well within your abilities as you have shown in your videos. They are all a mather of interest for one type of music or another . I prefer the instrumentals as I don't really enjoy singing while you have definetely found joy into it.

Snipe: Thank you, I have tried to minimized the left hand movement as Neil as suggested but there is still some work to do.

Mark: Thank you, your comment about about the amount of work for one minute of music made me laugh. I never saw it this way but it is absolutely true. The second part is tougher as you always go up and down the fretboard and it is longer so more to remember

Jim: Thanks, I will work on it for another month and repost

Dennis, thank you, all the songs that I practice are songs that I always wanted to play and that I could not before, so I am really being driven by enthousiasm rather then the challenge to play a difficult song. For example,I am working on Mood for a Day because I had tried it 30 years ago and never went further the first 5-6 measures. With what I learned here (alternating fingers on the same string, better finger positionning, etc...) I can see the light on this project. 30 years on a song, I think it qualify for a long term project :lol:

Chris: merci, I think the big hands are an optical illusion. The guitar is a small body and my body is rather large ;)

Al, thanks, I know the feeling of having too many songs, it is so easy to get distracted on the TG site with all these great lessons

Willem, thanks for the comments and noticing my little joke, you are right about practicing a lot but it is so rewarding

Marc

Chasplaya

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:03 am

Well done Marc, I haven't really spent much time on this so no major comment. It appears as if you already know where you need to work, just tackle it with a more positive approach, same as the first part and it will be all good pretty soon.

good on ya mate

Chas

Lavallee

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:17 am

Thanks Chas, there is certainly more practice ahead for this song.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic