Bourree by Marc first take

jayswett

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:38 am

That was indeed a joy to watch. As I watch you guys play that song, I admire you both for taking on the challenge. Once I get a better handle on some of my current projects, I'd like to learn that one as well.

BigBear

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:28 pm

Marc- Sorry I'm a little late commenting. It sounds really nice. You are way further ahead on this song than I am so I don't have much to offer you by way of suggestions.

I do think when you pull that song out in front of friends who are expecting maybe Led Zeppelin or some folk tune you will blow them away! That will be a fun day indeed!

Marc, you continue to impress with your passion and commitment. You inspire me to get off my fat behind and get out there and PRACTICE! Especially these tougther songs.

Well done my friend and keep these great videos coming!

Cheers! :cheer:

tovo

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Hey Marc. TRÈS bon! (The limit of my French...very impressive I know). Seriously I am just catching up after a long weekend away and glad I took the time to check this out. As I have said before what I admire most about your playing is how smooth and unhurried you make every change, and you are usually so very clean with your chords. I noticed the weakening bass line but probably only because I read your comments first and so I was aware of it. You are a great example of what diligent practice does Marc, I always look forward to your videos because they are always so very good. Merci!

Lavallee

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment

Jay: Thank you, what I find important , is not to have an agenda as there are so many songs to learn from the TG site and it is easy to spread too thin. The dust in the wind video I did for the competition was inspired by you. You posted a video 5-6 months ago. I had started it but it was not coming right. Then I saw the diligence you had put in that song and it motivated me to work back to it. But it was not an emergency, slowly but surely. What I am getting at, is that it becomes a challenge if all the songs are a priority and if we get frustrated because there is too much at the same time. The fun is to do a bit here and a bit there, change direction, come back again. Mind you I would not have said that a few years ago.

Rick: Thank you, you can comment whenever you want. I do not have much opportunity to play in front of people but as you said this is the kind of stuff that everybody knows and will generate a "Oh yeah I know this" and humming at the same time.

Tony: Thanks mate: you are doing good in french, you are using the accent. I have improved a lot (still a lot to do, though) on the smoothness of the chord change as I have spend a lot of time trying to follow Neil in the metronome section at slow speed. I find that this is a fantastic tool to help with the fluidity. I have taken back a while ago on Stairway to Heaven doing the metronome part with Neil and I am much closer to follow the CD as it has never worked in the past. If you can do it perfectly when it is slow, the synchronism will remain at higher speed.

Marc

Catman

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:49 am

Not bad, mon ami!

David

P.S. The above was classical British understatement. It was pretty darn good (PDG). A bit more practice and you will have it nailed.

Lavallee

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:10 pm

Tov, toda, David, interesting concept to be PDG of a song, I think I am still VP (vigorous practices). :laugh:

Marc

suziko

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Nice job, Marc! That's a piece I'd very much like to tackle- some day!! Watching you play is always an inspiration to me. Thanks for posting.

Suzi

Lavallee

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:07 pm

Thank you Suzi, you do not need to learn the whole thing at once, just learn the first three notes. Then next week, the next three ones, all of this through out your regular practice. you will be there in no time.

You are always so kind.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic