I Want You (She's So Heavy) - by Beaker.

Craig

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:03 pm

Beaker,
Great job! That was an awesome effort on a great, and challenging song. Thanks for sharing.
Craig

MarkM

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:09 pm

Beaker!!!! That was fantastic. Just a few days huh? Well I must say that you are a fast learner. Really enjoyed that and can't wait for the follow up. Thanks for sharing. I could almost hear "She's so Heavy..................."

MarkM

beaker

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:40 pm

TG'ers....
Thanks to all of you for your comments.I appreciate them. I hope some others are working on this song too..... it is really fun and rewarding! The changing of gears is really neat.

Tovo.... yeah man! loving the Larrivee! this guitar plays really nicely. To anybody who has their eye on one... DO IT!

Marc..... Thanks man, I have been working with my metronome (50 bpm). Neil recommended that I use it for some of my other songs and now I love it! I bought the KORG (the one that you guys were talking about on the metronome thread). I love the feature that lets you tap out the tempo. I think practicing with a metronome is really going to be a huge key for improvement! And oh, from what I have seen you play ... ( Black Mountainside... and others) I am sure you will have I Want You (She's So Heavy) ready to post soon.

Al..... I will work on freeing that pinky! Tall order though, except when the pinky is called upon to play.

That's it for now, Beaker.

PS one thing I have noticed. Sometimes I try so hard to teach my fingers where to go.... chord shapes etc... Then sometimes, I try to relax a little and try a little less and when I do ..... sometimes... things click when I just let my fingers do what I have taught them. So I alternate between these two methods. Has anyone else noticed this anything like this?

rapsidy

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:43 am

LOL i look at that and can only dream of being able to ply like that :angry:

great job though

Brad

michelew

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:53 am

Beaker - WOW!!! I agree that it was awesome. That's a perfect word for your performance. I too will need to get to it eventually. You made it look like a LOT of fun and it sounded fantastic.

Regarding your question:

beaker wrote:
PS one thing I have noticed. Sometimes I try so hard to teach my fingers where to go.... chord shapes etc... Then sometimes, I try to relax a little and try a little less and when I do ..... sometimes... things click when I just let my fingers do what I have taught them. So I alternate between these two methods. Has anyone else noticed this anything like this?
I've noticed it too. I sometimes play better when I'm just playing without thinking than when I'm trying to get it perfect; especially at slow speed. However, that comes after I've been working on it for a little while.

I loved your post.

THanks

Michele

Chasplaya

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:25 am

HI man good job, no comment from me as I have yet to try this one out. Sounded ok to my unfamiliar ear though. I imagine a few more days and you'll have it down . Those bends on the acoustic can be a mission to get sounding right , yours came out well.

Chas

sws626

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:33 am

Hi Beaker,

That was awsome. I always look forward to your posts for inspiration. And again, you've taken on a great piece of music with a lot of challenge and done a bang up job! You're building a fantastic repertoire.

-Stuart

neverfoundthetime

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:15 am

That was just GREAT Beaker! You really put it together and kept the timing. Geat expression! Very impressive post. I look forward to Neil's feedback on this.

dekotaj

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:06 am

BRAVO!!!Beaker,

Man that was just freaking fantastic.Great Beatles tune.Cant wait for the follow up with vocals.

Kevin

dennisg

Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:12 am

Absolutely loved it, Beak. You've inspired me to give that a go on my electric.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic