I Want You (She's So Heavy) - by Beaker.

beaker

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:04 pm

Hello fellow TG'ers.
I have been working this one for a few days now. It is really fun, I recommend it to all of you if you have not tried it yet. It is full of challenges, going from fingerpicking arpeggio's to playing lead riffs and executing bends and double bends! Those are really a challenge (never done them before). Neil advised not to play the chords during the 2nd section but I could not resist. He also advised to play the lead riffs with a pick and I was having so much fun with out a pick I went with that.
I hope you guys like this, and as always, your comments and suggestions are welcome.

I hope everyones songs are going well! Keep on practicing everyone! That Clapton stuff will keep us bogged down for a while... (me at least!)... Beaker.

haoli25

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:10 pm

That was soooooo cool. You were really getting into that! :) I amazed that you have only been practicing that for a few days. Excellent! Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

tovo

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Yo Beaker I dig it the most! I'm with Bill, cool with a capital C. Love it. It will improve as well in terms of flow obviously the more you play it, but I was well impressed with it. Diggin' that Larrivee as well.

Good job mate. Thanks for the post.

Lavallee

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:26 pm

Hi Beaker, you are doing great. Just a few days and you were able to post, I have been working on it since it came out and you are way ahead of me, great job. I also work only in finger picking. You seem to have a very good timing particularly on the picking part. You are a good motivation,

Marc

buddy

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 pm

Beaker,

That was really fun and I enjoyed it greatly. It is fun to see how much heart you put into your playing. Thanks for posting it up as it is always encouraging to see everyone progressing so well.

Bud

jim56

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:52 pm

That was awesome and sooooo fun! You were really getting into that tune. With that much show of energy in your playing it won't be long before you got it down. Looking forward to the update. Thanks for posting. -Jim

dieguy

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:57 pm

My Hats off to you my friend, That looks like a challenging number and it looks like an absolute blast, this will have to go on my to-do list.

Thanks a million for sharing.

Bill

wrench

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:59 pm

I never studied the song, so I don't know it technically, but I listened to it about a gazillion times in the past forty years, and that was awesome! I hope you're planning a follow-up extended version.

Great job, Beaker. I'll think about you over the next pizza.

AcousticAl

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:36 pm

You rock, Beaker!

I like that your posts don't seem like you're reading music or tab. Seems to come from within.

One small thing I noticed was that you seem to anchor with your pinky occasionally.
Bad pinky!! :)

Catman

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Good one Beaker!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic