IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND ,GORDEN LIGHTFOOT

jayswett

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Wow. Very nice. I'd love to learn that song. It absolutely needs to be a Target Song at some point.

michelew

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Really beautiful Kevin. I love your playing and would also love to learn this song. Guess I'll go and nominate it (or vote for it).

As per Tiny's (typo - but it cracked me up so I thought I'd leave it) suggestion I too would love to hear you playing without the backing. I think it was overwhelming your sound.

By the way - It's amazing that you can sing without a head (yep we heard you being all sneaky quiet).

Thanks for showing us how its done.

Lovely!

Michele

thereshopeyet

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks

izzyhara

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:03 pm

Smooth. Beautiful.... Thanks. izzy

beaker

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:48 pm

Kevin, sweet job on the the G Lightfoot song. It sounded really good. I am with Tovo though, It would be cool to hear you play it without the recording in the back. Nice guitar too! It looks like a special one. Keep up the good work. Beaker.

Lavallee

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:50 pm

Kevin, you have that song under control.very nice

You sure handle that thumb pick so well, the bass is quite balanced with the high pitch strings. I am pretty sure your intent here was to show to play with the original song as a practice guide and to show the example. I have started doing this as well after a few suggestions I got in previous videos (on this subject, at least from Michele and yourself, that I can remember)after I work with the metronome from Neil lessons, I go with the original or guitar Pro. You can then feel how much work there is still to be done.

Marc

tovo

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:56 am

Lavallee wrote:

I am pretty sure your intent here was to show to play with the original song as a practice guide and to show the example.

Marc
If that is right Kevin then I misunderstood the intent of your video. I definitely see the value of playing along with the recording for practice. Cheers.

stratman3

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:13 am

Very, very nice, sounds perfect.

DA BEARS!!! B)

sws626

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:19 am

Nice job, Kevin. I too find this approach to be very helpful -- though it would be nice to have some sort of reverse karaoke machine (with everything but the guitar).

dekotaj

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:01 am

Thanks for watching Mark.Glad you liked it.I really enjoy watching you play also.

Thank D-dog,Maybe a metronome to start so one can go slow at first then a play along.

Willen,Thanks.Yes the wife said I could have a guitar or socks.You see the one I took.LOL

Hey Scott,Thanks for listen to this.Thank for the nice comments.

Thanks Chris.I think we play this song the same almost note for note.Like we talked about after you did this song with vocals.I just capo on the second.

Dennis,Bill,Bob,Tony,and Jay.Thank you guys.

thereshopeyet.Thank for watching.And yes it Gordon.I think I'm a typist now and my fingers are not as fast as I think.Your also right about the head thing,But I should show it now and then.

Izzy.Beaker,Marc and stratman3.Thank you folks very nice of you.And stratman GO BEARS!!

Stuart,Thank you and that would be cool.If you find one let me know. :laugh: :laugh:

Michelew.Hey my Friend,Thank you once again.And did you see I used LOL.Thank you.So for you the song on its own and a head.Sorry no singing yet.Have a great day Michelew

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic