Response to Run Of The Mill

TGNeil

Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:59 pm

Hello all. I was listening to this song last night and then went out to YouTube land and looked for some TAB. Slim pickings on both counts. I recently got the George Harrison Album "Beware of ABKCO" that Neil mentioned a few weeks ago plus a whole bunch more "rare" Beatles stuff. Anyway I don't really like to just throw up a video. Even at my best I'm fairly suspect. However I need some help with this one. This is a song for me that really grabs my heart and squeezes. I just love this song and the stripped demo version is great. I'll include that here as well. So I'm not sure if it should be capo'd at the 6th or 7th fret. I'm playing it on the 6th as that is what my ear is trying to tell me. I'm using chord shapes for G, Em, C, D and B7. I hope I have these right. As you see me try to explain I'm also trying to get the fill correctly. I'm using the 3rd string and the progression is (in frets) 2,2,0,4,2,0,4 then going into the C and then Em Chords. I tried to sing along as best I could for those of you who know the song. I didn't do anything fancy. It's just the camera picking up both audio and video. Any help would be appreciated.

MarkM

MarkM

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:23 pm

Neil,

Thank you so much!!! I'm happy that I was at least on the right track and not trying to learn this song the wrong way. I knew there had to be some time changes in there somewhere. I just couldn't put my finger on it. Still not entirely sure where but my hunch is it changes in the Am,B7,Em,E, etc sections. From what to what, I don't know yet. I took your advice and listened to the song several more times this evening and to tell you the truth the whole thing started to slow down for me a bit. Your second point of advice I took to heart as well. Just for giggles while my wife was reading the kids a bedtime story and I had to be quiet, I hooked up the mic fairly close the the guitar and then played much softer. Neil, I've got to tell you that was the trick. I didn't sing but rather focused on the playing and although it isn't near perfect it stands up pretty well. Whatever you said in this response hit me like a bolt and it worked. I've got a pretty open afternoon tomorrow so I'll be back at it. I don't want to take more than my fair share of the space on the forum so I'll probably do my first blog and get an update on there. Thanks again. That was great and what I needed. As for the rest of the songs on that album... well you can be sure I'll be working on another next week.

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic