TOVO - Father and Son

abiliog

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:04 am

Tony,
Well, I'm not qualified to give you any advice, but I know that I love to see your videos. Sometimes late like this one, but I never miss one.
Great sound from your new Larrivee and great voice.
Thanks for encouraging me and keep your good work.
Abílio

tovo

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:35 pm

abiliog wrote:
Tony,
Well, I'm not qualified to give you any advice, but I know that I love to see your videos. Sometimes late like this one, but I never miss one.
Great sound from your new Larrivee and great voice.
Thanks for encouraging me and keep your good work.
Abílio
Abilio thanks very much for your kind words. I'm always happy to receive advice or ideas. I don't know how one becomes qualified to give it. In my opinion if it is sincere and the motivation is to help, it's all good.

wrench

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:13 pm

Tony,

I won't give any advice on your playing here - it would be redundant, but you're well on the way with it. The Larrivee sounds great in your videos - I bet it's quite impressive live.

In my opinion, this song is tricky easy, meaning all the elements seem to be within the skill range, but it just takes a lot of work to get it all to fit together well. It took me 3 weeks to play The Sage clean. It took me 3 MONTHS to play Father and Son clean.

Play it a lot and play it well, Tony. When your boys grow up and move out on their own, this song is going to rip your heart out.

Dan

tovo

Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:19 pm

Dan thanks for taking the time mate. I think your observation is spot on. In between posting, I am practicing it right now as a matter of fact. You said it perfectly, quite simple elements but not so easy to get together well. The great advice I have received here is really helping to polish it, and I hope to post it again soon. Cheers Dan.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic