tovo

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:34 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
....it was, like, in my face!! :-)
No comment!

suziko

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:23 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:

...oh, and did I mention, you could have cut the video about 2 seconds earlier... check it out and you'll see what I mean!

More in depth comment to come, but just gotta say- I noticed that too. Hee hee! Guys!

MarkM

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:36 am

tovo wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
....it was, like, in my face!! :-)
No comment!

Well that was a....ah.....hmmmmm interesting way to start my day.

Now for the singing and playing. Well as always you can see how much hard work you put into these songs. I think this one may be your best overall performance. Yeah there are a few issues at the beginning but that's ok. Chris went over that pretty good already. I'll keep the rest short. Singing was great (how do you do it), Guitar looked and sounded wonderful. I bet that thing is a beast. Thanks for sharing!!

MarkM

Lavallee

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:55 am

Hi Tony, I think your doing very well with the song, your strumming is improving all the time, keeping the constant movement.

You mentionned that you used a much ligther pick to keep the balance with the voice. I find though that you end up having to hit the strings harder. I understand the pick is quite personnal, but I find that a harder pick gives a louder sound with minimal strenght on the string. The benefit of a softer pick would be, in my point of view (and I respect it ;) ) if the strumming of a song is really fast then you would not have to rotate the wrist as much.

If you look at Neil in his lesson, watch the amplitude he has when he strums, his hand barely move away from the sound hole. If you look at your video, part of you hand goes above the guitar itself. With that amplitude , to keep the beat you have to come back quicker giving a bit of heavy sound. Also at the end of the measure you give a bit of a wip strum making the chord sound louder as it should go smoother. If you look at Neil' s strumming, he pretty much only uses his wrist while you are using you arm quite a bit.

In the intro you would benefit to slide your fingers after the G chord instead of repositionning them. If you slide them you only have to look at the fret for guidance, if you reposition your fingers, you have to look at the strings, it is tougher.

Marc

jayswett

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:58 am

Once again I watch you play that guitar and wonder why some songs give us so much trouble and others don't. Norwegian Wood for you, that Fleetwood Mac song for me. The time you put into this was well worth it as it does sound quite good. I don't have anything more to add, other than to say several more mornings will result in complete mastery of this song.

buddy

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:36 am

Tony,

Another good post. I think you got some really good advice from the other posts on this song. The only thing I could add is that you might check your guitar position as it in leaning back as you play and making it more difficult to reach under the neck for your bar chords. The vocals sound great even with that cool accent.

The last two seconds of the video will get you a lot more views :laugh:

Bud

Craig

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:08 am

Great job Tony! I'm not a good enough player to offer any more suggestions than you have already received. I like the way you are challenging yourself on your last two posts. You are definately up to the challenge. I can also see / hear the confidence you have gained in your singing. Nice work! As always, you inspire me to keep plugging away!
Thanks,
Craig

Craig

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:19 am

P.S. When I said you inspire me to " keep plugging away", that was slang for: to continue working hard on my guitar playing...it had nothing to do with the last two seconds! :laugh:
Craig

BobR

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:18 am

Tony,

Just a little timing issue from the G to the single notes. I posted this a while back and couldn't sing it which really makes the song. Your singing on this was very, very well done IMHO. The guitar sounds great BTW.

Thanks for posting I might try it again.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic