Bron-Y-Aur by Marc

haoli25

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 pm

Bravo Marc. That was soooooo cool, I haven't heard that song in 30 years. Great job and thanks for the memory.

Bill Image

Lavallee

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:22 pm

Thanks all for your nice comments

Thanks Tony, regarding the face, whenever I miss, the ugly face wants to come to the surface. It is a battle to stay cool. When I play golf sometimes I feel like a hammer thrower with my golf clubs, but with the guitar it is a bit more delicate. Seriously, I like those oddballs songs.

Thanks Bob, it is really fun to play especially the 2 slides on the fat string give some punch to the song.

Thanks Mark, One way of selecting those songs for me was to look for finger picking songs on you tube and over the internet and select the one I like, so this is why they might not be the most well known, but they are interesting.

Thanks Beaker, like any of the song that we decide to learn, if you are motivated by it , you will go through. From what I saw, you sure can play this one.

Merci Pierre, I have been working on this for about a year and a half. It seems like a long time but I find that it takes a while for the fingers to remember what to do because the strings are never in the same order for each chord in a given phrase. I found a Guitar Pro file which seems close to what I have seen played on you tube.

Thank you Michele, I love this song. I think the playing looking comfortable is due to Neil constant reminder of the hands position that is starting to sink in (do not have to remind myself all the time, it is getting more automatic), As with the other alternate tunings,as you know, the frequency of practicing a song that you have to re tune the guitar is lower unless you have a few in the same tuning. I also have been practicing Friends , also from Led Zep which has the same tuning. So at least when you are tired of one you can do the other one. It was the same thing with Black Mountain side and Kashmir which are bot DAD GAD.

Thanks Jason, as mentioned above it was a guitar Pro file that I followed. Regarding the strap my Molson muscle might help a bit ;) , but if the orientation of the fretboard is closer to horizontal it will slip. So being a little higher helps, as if I let go my two hands , it will not move. The benefit to hold it higher also helps with the wrist, since it does not have to bend as it is straight with the forearm, reducing the baseball bat grip temptation.

Marc

Lavallee

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Thanks guys, I must be typing too slow and mist you before.

Thanks Tammy, I must say I was (still is) a big fan of LedZep up to house of the holy. But is really on you tube that I learn to appreciate it.

Thanks Jim. For the tuning, I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean if it is tuned up or down? The fat E tuned down to C, A remains the same, the D string goes down to C, G stays there, B goes up to C and the small E stays there

Thanks Bill, the benefit of being older is we can remember farther

Marc

jim56

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Thanks guys, I must be typing too slow and mist you before.

Thanks Tammy, I must say I was (still is) a big fan of LedZep up to house of the holy. But is really on you tube that I learn to appreciate it.

Thanks Jim. For the tuning, I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean if it is tuned up or down? The fat E tuned down to C, A remains the same, the D string goes down to C, G stays there, B goes up to C and the small E stays there

Thanks Bill, the benefit of being older is we can remember farther

Marc
Thanks Marc, you mentioned C6. What is the 6 indicating?

Lavallee

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Found on the internet : The notes in a C6 chord are C E G A (1 3 5 6 intervals). Need to revisit the theory in the Genius section :blink:

Marc

buddy

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Marc,

Nice job in this, I had not heard it before.

Bud

AcousticAl

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Very cool, Marc. It's funny, but I never really appreciated Led Zep in my high school daze B) . Their music has since grown on me, especially now that I'm trying to play their songs.

Thanks for your video.

suziko

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:04 pm

Salut Marc,

That sure is one pretty little song. And despite what seems like lots of challenging technique (slides, hammer-ones, tricking fingerpicking), you seemed completely sanguine and relaxed throughout. I don't know how you do it! I actually watched it three times because I enjoyed your version of this song so much.

Merci beaucoup! ton amie, Suzi

Lavallee

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Thanks Bud, it is not very well none because of the length. But as Mark said once it is amazing the time it takes to learn one minute.

Marc

Lavallee

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Thanks Al the same for me with classical music in my teens, now I really like it because I can somewhat appreciate the complexity. I listen regularly the Andres Segovia CD I bought a while ago and every time I find something new that amazes me.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic