Bron-Y-Aur by Marc

Lavallee

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Bear: thanks, but you are too kind. As they say with a little knowledge you realize how little you know. But it is the fun part of it, it is endless. If you are interested by the GP file of the song just PM me.

Thanks Willem, I appreciate that you read my comments, you are right, it is a slide on the fat C. Thanks for the reminder.

Thanks Abilio , one can never get tired to discover will all the choices available wether it is Led Zep or not.

Dennis I appreciate for your comments as you also like to bring forward less know songs and generate interest.

Rick, thanks for the comments

Thanks Stuart, do you know which tuning it was?

Bill, that is the cottage where they wrote most of Led Zep III including Bron-Y-Aur but it was used on the 5th album. On the third one they did Bron-Y-Aur stomp which is faster and is one of my next projects.

Thank you Izzy: I really like the wavy sound of the song

Marc

reiver

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Lavallee wrote:

Thanks Stuart, do you know which tuning it was?

Marc

Not sure what it's called Marc, I just tune the low E down 2 steps to C.

Lavallee

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Only the first string?
Marc

reiver

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Only the first string?
Marc
The 6th really. The E bass - but yes, just the one string.

jayswett

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:49 am

I absolutely agree with the others that this incredible song was played very well by you and that lovely guitar. I will add this one to my long term goal list. Sadly, it's probaby too obscure to hope for it to be a Target Song at some point, but it has several legitimate reasons to be one. I recall listening to that song over and over while on college. Very well done.

mark

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:56 am

Hi Marc
I think we have exactly the same record collection, as every song you put up is a favorite of mine.
I've played a version of this song in standard tuning using an alternating bass. It sounds okay but loses a lot from not being in the correct tuning.
It's pretty much unrecognisable as the same song.

Lavallee

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Thanks Jay I agree with you that there is not much chance to get a lesson on it. The funny thing about college is what you do not remember that was the best

Mark, thanks for the comments . Same generation (well I am previous generation than you) similar musical taste. I think music is like movies, or humour, it is what what surprises us that attract us.

Marc

johnrfeeney

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:11 pm

excellent and a beautiful tonal quality - sounded like a few guitars were playing

think you're correct about the C6, can do the same thing by adding a 9th ( a D - an octave higher than the 2nd note D - would be a C9.

great job

Lavallee

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks John for the nice comments. When you will post?

Marc

wrench

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:50 pm

Nice job on this Marc. I've never heard this song before, but it sounds like one of those that gets in your head and won't leave - probably because of the unusual tuning.

You're teaching your Yamaha some pretty interesting tricks lately.

Dan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic