Bron-Y-Aur by Marc

Lavallee

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:28 pm

I want to share this song that I have been practicing for quite some time now. Still not perfect but getting closer. This song is from Led Zeppelin on Physical Graphiti. It is not very well known since it is a bout a minute, so too short to be on radio. I always liked it because it is very mellow but a with good pace. I am not sure if the song was mentionned on the site before. The tuning is C6 (C-A-C-G-C-E) and I find that it gives a very warm sound.

Comments welcome

Marc

http://www.youtube.com/user/TargetStude ... TR9cVUSPt4

tovo

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Bravo Marc. A complicated piece played pretty damn well in my opinion. Couple of little stumbles, I smiled at the face you pulled each time.

Your hand position is fantastic, something I aspire to. I admire that you take on such complex pieces and do them so well. With more work this will be in the bag for you.

Thanks so much for posting it, love your work.

BobR

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Marc,

That tuning does sound real nice and you did a great job. Loved the slides, hammerons and pulloffs. Couple minor timing things, but overall I thought you did a great job.

Just another song I haven't heard of. :lol:

Bob

MarkM

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:00 pm

Marc,

Oh I know this song and you played that very well. You are right that it is a very warm sound that you get. I haven't tried this tuning yet. You make it sound wonderful. I quite enjoyed the slide and then the picking right afterwards. Tony is right. You always come up with a gem of a song that is a bit elaborate. Just a few small timing and tempo things and you'll have this down in no time. Thanks for sharing. This was a nice surprise on a Sunday afternoon.

MarkM

beaker

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Marc,
An excellent job on an excellent tune! You played it really well, I dream of playing this song. One day.....
Keep up the good work. An Inspiration! Beaker.

cosmicmechanic

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:09 pm

Salut Marc,

Your playing on this is a pleasure to watch, seems quite relaxed and precise, smooth enough to be hypnotic, and the bass slides are an added pleasure.

I wonder how long you've been working at it, and what reference material you found most useful (sheet tab? guitar pro?, video?)

Haven't heard that piece in so long, I had forgotten it even existed.

I'll listen to it some more, and look up the original for sure.

Thanks for sharing,

Pierre

michelew

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Another interesting song Marc. A nice combination of a heap of techniques that sounds great. Thanks for introducing us to it.

Your playing looks very comfortable and sounds fabulous. You've obviously been working hard on it.

thanks

Michele

Music Junkie

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:01 pm

Marc:

Thanks for sharing that. I really enjoyed it. I have wanted to learn that song for quite some time now. Did you work this out for yourself, or did you get the TAB elsewhere. Either way, it sounded great in that tuning.

Odd-ball question here...... How do you keep your guitar so still with the strap? I have tried two or three types, and my guitar always wants to slide down. Gets a bit frustrating. I usually just play without it, but I would really like to get that figured out.... :)

Excellent work!

Jason

wammer

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:56 pm

wow Marc

That was such a pleasure to listen to. what a great song.. that I too had forgotten.

Thanks for sharing

Tammy

jim56

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Great performance Marc. I recall the song from my school days. Brings back the memories, thanks for that. Jim

Please explain the tuning for me, I'm a mere beginner :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic