Bron-Y-Aur by Marc

mbleier

Wed May 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Marc,

I am a big Zeppelin fan and really enjoyed your playing on that song. Page had so many interesting tunings that he did. I just never seem to have the discipline to retune the guitar to work on a song but every time I hear a great song like that using alternate tunings I kick myself for being so lazy.

Thanks again for the great video,

Mike

Lavallee

Thu May 13, 2010 5:48 am

Thanks Mike, regarding the alternate tuning, it will help if you can work on more that one song on a given tuning, at least when you change the tuning, you have more than one song to work on. Like Bron-Y-Aur is the same tuning as Friends also from Led Zep

izzyhara

Thu May 13, 2010 8:30 am

mbleier wrote:
Marc,

I am a big Zeppelin fan and really enjoyed your playing on that song. Page had so many interesting tunings that he did. I just never seem to have the discipline to retune the guitar to work on a song but every time I hear a great song like that using alternate tunings I kick myself for being so lazy.

Thanks again for the great video,

Mike
Or you could do what the rest of us have done.... just buy another guitar to put in alternative tunings. Haha

jayswett

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:21 am

This song resurfaced on my radar screen recently. It's such a nice song with an open tuning. Well done, Marc. I'd love to learn it and will be studying your video.

Lavallee

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks Jay,Just Pm me with your E-Mail address, if you want the GP file

Marc

lueders

Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:20 am

Marc,

What a Sweet Heavenly Drone! I loved it!
I realize I am way late in commenting on this one...But I definitely wanted to...I
think that was pert near perfection. I also admire your attention to detail and your
focus in sticking with a song until you have complete command of/over it.
Awesome! -Cori

B.T.W. Marc since you're undoubtedly a big Zep-head, have you seen "it might get loud"
yet? It is rock documentary that came out this past year with Page, the Edge,
and Jack White. (of the White Stripes) all they do is talk life and six strings
it is wonderful. They have it on Netflix

Lavallee

Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:00 am

Thanks Cori , for the comments. I really like this song which almost like a humming.

I did see "It might get loud" in a movie theater. I thought it was great , Jack White stealing the show. I did not think they presented The Edge very well however. As for Page , he is my hero (despite the song stealing (which he obviously did) that seem to hang on him these days). Led Zeppelin was my group when I was a teenager and I was just happy to see anything they would show from him.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic