Is There Anybody Out There? by michelew

dekotaj

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:20 am

BRAVO!!BRAVO!!Michele,

My lady that was damn near perfect,From your hand location,angle of the guitar,posture and a smile at the end.Its was just fantastic!I'm setting listening to you play your song while I'm typing,And I can feel my soul moving.What a lovely way to begin my morning.Thank you my friend,THANK YOU,BRAVO!!

Kevin

MarkM

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:25 am

Michele,

Thank you for posting this. I had a chance to watch with this a few times with my first cup of coffee this morning as the sun spilled into my home office. For me, this was my favorite video that you have posted. It was that good. Everything about the playing looked so easy (I know it wasn't). Your posture, hand positions, well everything looks to be text book. Great Job Michele!!!

MarkM

NKenny

Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:09 am

Very nice Michele, I enjoyed listening first thing this morning. Seemed perfect to me, timing, picking and everything. You put a lot of time in to that song.

Kenny

reiver

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:25 am

This is great Michelle. You made it look very comfortable and well within your playing range. Posture and hands - perfect as usual. And I agree with Suzi (not something I intend to make a habit of) - Sue is very lucky to be able to hear you play this so often. Big congratulations!

BobR

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:32 am

Michele,

Very well done. I really enjoyed this video a lot. Your picking is done extremely well. IMHO.

Great job, Thanks for posting

Bob

beaker

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:06 pm

Michelle, as some others have said, I think you under estimate yourself on this one. You played it very well. I can definitely see improvement from you earlier posts. You are Flying! A star of TG! Keep on Strumming..... or picking.... or whatever. Beaker.

dennisg

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:18 pm

Michele,

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm really proud of you for working so hard to cut these songs down to size. It's really paid off for you. Your form looks perfect, the notes are ringing clear, and it even looks like you put a fresh set of batteries in your vibrato. Congratulations!

BigBear

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Michele- simply fantstic! Your improvement has been nothing short of remarkable!!

Nice steady picking, very smooth transitions. Only thing I saw might be your timing is a little off on the slide to the 8th fret.

And you might try to infuse a little more feel by not being quite so steady. It's almost like you know you need to get through these chord arpeggios and you become so focused that you forget there is a song in there somewhere. That, plus the anxiety of making a recording, makes you want to blast through the song as quickly as you can!

As a typical Roger Waters song (although he probably didn't write it) it is full of "angst". It was played by a classical guiatrist so the music is steadier and more melodic than if either Waters or Gilmour had performed it. Just don't rush it!

Michele, this could be your best video to date! I am totally impressed! Well done and thanks for sharing!

Cheers! :cheer:

sbutler

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:03 pm

Michelle, thanks for your courage and a wonderful rendition of this song.

I for one, think that some strategically placed pauses in this song add to it. As Neil frequently encourages us to take a song, and make it our own. So don't beat yourself up on not replicating the recorded version, you've made the song your own and it sounds just fine to us.

This was the first real finger picking song that I attempted, in fact I was working on it, when I found your video today. Oddly enough,at one point a few weeks ago, I felt that I had a pretty good handle on it, then something happened between my brain and stubby fingers and I can't seem to do any part of it right. You on the other hand nailed it.

So now I can see what I can get out of it if I keep working on it.

Thanks again,

Scott

Chasplaya

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:40 pm

Beautifully played Michelle, the attention you've paid to posture hand positions certainly pays off... faultless in my eyes. Only point I would make... and that is relatively minor would be to place some more emphasis on some of the Bass notes, you do in places and its wonderful, a few more and its yours. The strum at the end would be nice done as a Rasguedo flamenco style although that what you do does not detract from a great rendition, great tempo throughout also.

really well done.

Chas

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic