Is There Anybody Out There? by michelew

Lavallee

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 pm

michelew wrote:
Thereshope - thanks. The memory thing is just practice. Start with something that's not too hard.

Marc - thanks for your detailed feedback. I thought I had the slides, at least as Neil writes them. But i'll check the music and the video maybe I just need to emphasis them. I didn't know you'd done this song so I'll be checking out your video too. I may have just missed it. And I'm holding on to Sue good and tight. No worries there.

Ta
Michele
I actually found out about the slides after my video while listening to the original on youtube.

Marc

lmc831

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:12 pm

michele,
That was realllyyy good and Your guitar has a beautiful tone. I am envious of your long fingers. You made it look very easy to play. YOur guitar playing just keeps on improving.....

Lisa

RicksPick

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:28 am

Hi Michele

Always Beautiful

Always an inspiration

RicksPick

michelew

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:43 am

Scott - thanks mate. That's really nice to hear. BTW - I must have been responding T the same time as you.

Gary - thanks and give it a go. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and do a beautiful job.

Marc - you don't get off the hook that easily. I still intend to look at your video. Lol

Lisa - thank you. I am blessed with long fingers, but when I started learning this song I found the stretches a bit challenging and focused a lot on placing my fingers next to the fret to improve my reach. I'm sure you're no stranger to that. I'm hoping that you are able to get a camera in the near future so that we can hear your playing, which I'm sure is lovely.

Rick - thanks. You put a smile on my face. Give it a go. I bet you enjoy it.

Michele

neverfoundthetime

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:53 am

Just beautiful Michele! Loved every second of it. Fantastic progress you are making. Hope Neil video-responds to this. Miss your stairwell though. ;-)

mark

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:02 am

Hi Michele

You nailed it.
The only thing I can come up with is really nit picking and really down to personal taste.
The last strum at the end is quite fast and brash. You could try and play it as a very slow strum.

AcousticAl

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:44 am

Uploaded one day ago and already 35 replies! Let me jump in and say how much I enjoyed your piece. The way you hold your guitar seems so natural for you, and I'm sure it helps you play so well.

Well done!

abiliog

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:01 am

Hi Michele
Wonderful. Very well played Michelle.
As always, your playing is so inspiring.
And this is a beautiful melody isn't it?

I know it's the video camera effect but I second what Mark wrote. Just slow down a little the last chord. While recording, we just want to play it clean and quickly and then turn that camera off. :lol:

Besides that, what else could I say. Love to hear you play the guitar.
From another big fan in Europe,
Abílio

wrench

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Michele,

I'm sorry I got to the party late.

Stunning. Just stunning. Everything is perfect, hand positions (both of them), fretting is clean, timely, and deliberate, and it just sounded beautiful. Just stunning.

As I recall, you really haven't been playing all that long, but you have arrived. You're a player, lady.

GREAT JOB! I can hardly wait for your next project.

Dan

michelew

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:25 pm

It's no wonder that I find that this community and the TARGET program encourages me to practice and to improve. You guys are sooooo sweet and supportive. THANK YOU

Chis - thanks! and I can't wait to see your DLTSGDOM. Maybe I can find a photo of a stairwell and put that on the wall behinds me.

Mark - "nailed" - from an advanced player like you that is enormous praise. Thank you. I'll incorporate a better strum at the end next time. I think it was a 'yeh I got through it'-strum.

Al - thanks - I think the position of the guitar does help to be able to reach things. I find it helps with barre chords and long stretches especially. Give it a go you might decide to keep it or at least use it for some songs.

Abilio - thank you - I'm really glad you liked it. A little pay back for the inspiration you gave me. It is a hauntingly beautiful song. Now that I've posted it, I do intend to go back (after a rest) and concentrate on the emotion. Yes - the camera, the camera...

Dan - Thanks! - I'm a player! Thanks for your sweet words.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic