Is There Anybody Out There? by michelew

michelew

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:36 am

Here's Is There Anybody Out There? by Pink Floyd. Abilio inspired me to learn this beautiful piece.

Well I drove myself crazy trying to record the perfect take. As you might imagine I didn't succeed, but I'm happy enough. There are some deadish notes, buzzes, squeaks and a slight pause. There's probably other stuff too that I'm not even aware of hence the post. I also need to get back to some of my other projects. Sue reckons she can hear this song even when I'm not playing it; oops. A sure sign that I need to get a new song. Not that she's complained.

Even though it's driven me a little crazy over the last couple of days I've enjoyed learning it and recommend it to anyone.

www.youtube.com/user/TargetStudentRevie ... g4Eo-pRn2Q

wiley

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:48 am

As always, you under-rate yourself. Well done.

jayswett

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:48 am

Abilio's inspiration has been good to you. That was as close to perfect as you can get, and I thoroughly enjoyed that performance. Thanks for a wonderful way to start my day.

tovo

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:50 am

Beautiful Michele, thank you. I liked your description of your own effort very much, and to pick out the very minor aspects that make it a little less than perfect would seem mean spirited...so I don't intend to. Bravo, I loved it.

jim56

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:19 am

Simply beautiful Michele,
Love the sound of your guitar, who made your guitar?
Thanks for posting, your finger picking is wonderful.

Jim

haoli25

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:40 am

Beautifully played, great sounding guitar, and a smile at the end....Yep, that's pretty close to perfect. Bravo Michele!

Bill Image

suziko

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:54 am

Michele,

As always, just lovely. I started working on this song not long ago, inspired originally by Marc's upload of it. It's such a beautiful solo guitar piece. So spare and haunting. Your version is great. I envy Sue getting to hear you play all the time!

Suzi

hasben

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:03 am

Michele, wonderfully played. I too noticed the very slight grin at the end. Still don't know if you really have teeth, but a wry smile is a good start. :laugh: Lovely guitar. Have you observed how far your playing has come? Very nice.

willem

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:14 am

Hoi Michele,your love for fingerpicking awnsered very well,,i looked to the lesson and find a view very long strethses(for me atleast),i saw in your vid were Neil tells the swiths from the thumb and index(you know what i mean)you were very a wake of doing that..well you work a week on this,,,after a month you get it down... without getting crazy...cause you can do it of and on..thanks and wait for the master(class),lovely tune this is and i certainly add it on my list...

buddy

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:19 am

Bravo Michele,

Your finger picking is wonderful and the tempo was fantastic.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic