PERSONAL JESUS

abiliog

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:20 am

Hi Buddy,
I'm with Scott, how quickly you learn songs.
Very powerful sound and singing.
Well done,
Abilio

willem

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:07 am

Hey Bud,,how are the horses?? Thanks to introduce me to this song,,so impresive,,your second vid sounded great,,i listen to JC and saw a lesson and you did great,after 30 years a way from you guitar its like riding the bike or a horse,,is'nt it? thanks

AndyT

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:21 am

Buddy,
Huge improvement on the sound. Great job.

I might slow the whole song down a bit. Not much, just a touch so you can really emphasize the bass line and the lyric. I think that will give it the finishing touch you need. Other than that, it's in the bag.

rapsidy

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:10 am

AAAHHHH thats better buddy :)

great job

Brad

Lavallee

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:28 am

Hi Buddy, I never heard the song (until this morning) before but it is quite good, that bass line is very nice. I would suggest to consider alternating your picking direction as sometimes you pick 4 times going doing and it affects the rhythm a bit. I was listening to the song on you tube, and it seems like a constant strumming which I would assume would be constant up and down on the picking as well.

Great video, keep hem coming

Marc

buddy

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:29 pm

Abilio, Brad,Andy and Marc,

Thanks for the comments and the suggestions they have been very helpful.

Willem, The horses are doing great and enjoying the warmer weather, they have lost their winter coats and are looking really slick and shiny. As you said, it is great to back into the guitar and I am loving it and having a great time.

Bud

tovo

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:28 pm

Bud,

Not a tune I was familiar with but that didn't stop me enjoying the great baseline. I really liked it.

Thanks for the look.

Chasplaya

Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:41 am

Hi Buddy, cool Bass line typical Johnny Cash, very nice. You have the Bass line down well played , I do think you have a tendency to speed up a bit on the strumming in places though. And as always you pick great songs for your voice well sung mate. I just downloaded a pretty good GPro tab for this , the chords are slightly different though.

Chas

sws626

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:20 am

Hey Buddy,

Awesome song. I liked the first version, but the second is a great improvement, both in terms of your timing and the audio quality. Were you using a pickup for the guitar on the first version? Others will disagree, perhaps, but I much prefer the guitar's natural tone captured through a mic, as you used in the second version.

I was only familiar with the original Depeche Mode recording of this song, but your post prompted me to go listen to the Johnny Cash & Marilyn Manson covers, which are also both great.

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

[video][/video]

I'd never thought of this as a devotional tune. Even the Cash version is very dark. But the world probably has enough irony and your sincere interpretation works too.

-Stuart

sws626

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi Buddy,

I stopped by to have another listen to your version of this song, only to discover that it had been removed from YouTube. I don't know whether that was part of the problem we had with the "Uploaded Videos" section a while back or whether you decided to take it down. But I thought your playing was great and was hoping to learn from it. Any chance you might repost?

Thanks,
Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic