Circle Game- by Suziko

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:51 pm

you certainly did it for Swiss Chris, I wonder if he's stopped drooling yet lol.
I've never been a drooler Chas but this is definitely how I like my guitar videos... cute, sassy and smart! ;-) Suzi knows I'm just getting her to blush in front of everyone.
It's a bit like giving Ale a big hug in front of all her school friends like I did earlier today: Daddy 1: Teenager: 0 Bwuhahaha!

michelew

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:53 pm

suziko wrote:
Right now, my primary goal is to improve as a guitarist, and I know that I am improving. Maybe not always as speedily as I'd like, but it is happening. And, yes, there are just too many good songs to learn and not enough time!!
Don't undervalue your progress. It IS speedy and noticeable. Where's the fun and satisfaction in being as good as Neil overnight? Enjoy the journey; every joyful, frustrating, break-through, crazy-making minute of it.

We're on our way!

Michele

NKenny

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:35 pm

That was very nice Suzi, great picking and singing.
Also real nice guitar congrats
Kenny

suziko

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Michele- You're right. It's important to enjoy the journey and not just focus on the destination. Not something I'm good at, though, so I appreciate the reminder!

Kenny- Thanks so much. I appreciate the kind words!

dieguy

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:53 pm

Nice job Suzi, You must be very petite because that guitar looks huge when you are playing it but you handle it very nicely. I could learn alot from you with your posture and hand positioning. Thank you very much for sharing, Keep up the great work, I hope to see your next project very soon,

Bill

izzyhara

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:24 pm

Suzi - this was so special. I have played and sung this song for probably two decades - I have my own invention of how to play it, and am now going to learn Neil's way. I am pretty sure I won't ever be able to play it as well as you did. You are another one with beautiful hands. But I am going to try. I think you should keep trying to sing it. Because I have played it for so long, I do have all the words memorized and I do like the lyrics. So I promise that I will learn to play it. The smiles during the goofs are awesome, and I am so pleased to see everyone "put it out there" even if it isn't perfect. And then to stick with it and see it through, even if there is a little goof. I think that is what makes this all so special here. The guitar sounds really REALLY good. I found it interesting that the tone of the guitar seemed to match the tone of your voice so well. I think that was all meant to be. You are truly a special guitarist, and I find it heartwarming to share this with you. Izzy

suziko

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:58 pm

Bill- Thanks! I am quite small. A parlour-sized guitar might actually fit me better, but I'm not buying another guitar any time too soon! My Baby Taylor is actually a great fit for me, but it just doesn't have the same sound quality as the 614 or my GC3.

Izzy- I'm really glad you enjoyed this. You should give Neil's version a go. I'm pretty sure you WILL be able to play it as well as I did! I really enjoyed learning this song. When my 7 year old daughter was littler I used to dance around the living room with her while listening to this song, and spin her in circles on the "round and round and round" part, so there's some sentimental value to the song for me as well.

Lavallee

Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:29 am

Bonjour Suzi, you did very good, your right hand is doing great, your fingers are in home position, your thumb is hitting those bass strings fine. You had a good speed with your fingers. Your left hand was already good before, but you switched to fingerpicking a few months ago and you are using the proper technique right away. I remembered Henry Lee and revisited it and you can see that your right hand is already much smoother and relax now. You said you were tired of the song, I would suggest not to drop it but to play it way less often and to keep it in the loop. Maybe you could consider babe I'm gonna leave you also a quick pace.

You are showing improvement at each video, it is a pleassure to see the progression

Felicitations,

Marc

abiliog

Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:05 am

Congratulations Suzie,
It's wonderful to see your improvement from song to song.
Play and sing at the same time, requires another level of work.
Play and sing Joni Mitchell songs, it's even more difficult and you made it so well.
My technical advice... humm let's see. You have a problem with that chair so you must improve your approach to :lol:.

Love seeing you and your new Taylor, both smiling.
Cheers,
Abilio

heyjoe

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:33 am

Hi Suzie

I think its safe to say that by posting this you have made everybody smile, this is a serious feelgood video, thanks so much for posting it.

I'd never heard the song before, it sounds lovely.
Gotta say, your playing has improved a lot, really enjoyed the fingerpicking, its what I'm working hard on at the moment, you did a really really good job on it, well done.

Good job on the singing as well, I have no idea how people can sing and play at the same time, kudos for being able to do it.

Lovely purchase from Dennis too,as said before, the tone of the guitar matches your voice, guitar really projects well too.

well done, you're making serious progress.

Joe

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic