Circle Game- by Suziko

Music Junkie

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:16 pm

suziko wrote:
Jason- I found singing to this song to be one of the biggest challenges for me. If I play it without singing, I can do it well, and if I sing it without playing I can do THAT well, but combine the two and, well, let's just say it's not like peanut butter and chocolate.
Suzi:

mmmmmmm.............. Peanut butter and chocolate........ :)

It is just a matter of time before singing while playing will be easier. Just think about how much you have improved since joining up here at TG. I find that there are a few songs that are getting pretty easy to sing while playing. They are mostly songs that I REALLY love and that have fairly simple chords. It allows me to feel the chord changes rather than trying to count the time while trying to remember the words to the song..... :woohoo:

At any rate, cheers to you young lady for a job well done.

Jason

wammer

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Nice job Suzie

I really enjoyed that..........Everyone is right you do have a nice smile(even tho that has nothing to do with your guitar playing)Great job.... sigh of relief and on to the next song LOL

Tammy

suziko

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:24 pm

Music Junkie wrote: mmmmmmm.............. Peanut butter and chocolate........

Jason- I'm right there with you!

Tammy- Thanks so much. I did sigh with relief when it was over. As I said, it's not perfect but I'm ready to move on.

buddy

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:42 pm

Suzi,

Thanks for posting that, you did a very nice job with it and and it was a joy to watch.

Bud

RicksPick

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:30 pm

Well done Suzi

That looks like a tough one
And you played it well

Congrats
RicksPick

michelew

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:35 pm

Suzi, WOW!!!! That was sooooo Gorgeous!!! I'm all choked up. Really, really, really beautiful, WOW! SO who's adorable now?? OK I'll try to stop blabbering and say something a little more coherent.

Your picking sounds fantastic; clear, smooth and relaxed looking. You're really making good use of the bell-like qualities of you new guitar with is song.

Don't worry about the little stumbles in the singing section. It just make the whole things more adorable, especially the cheeky smiles.

BTW - Good catch on the guitar. Not GAS - very sensible in my books.

I've already listened to it 4 times and I'll be listening to it more. Yep - you guessed it. I'll be learning this one sooner that planned now.

I LOVE IT! (just in case you missed that bit).

Michele

Chasplaya

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:43 pm

Hi Suz,

Great job on a particularly difficult song, both to play and fingerpick. Good to see the smiles as has been noted already, you certainly did it for Swiss Chris, I wonder if he's stopped drooling yet lol.

As i haven't played this yet no comment from me on the song, your playing well that just gets better every time we see you. That shows a real dedication to your art. Keep them coming young lady , so enjoyable to watch and listen.

suziko

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 pm

Buddy and Rick- Thanks so much for your kind words!

Michele- Thanks! Well, you know how much you inspire me with your fingerpicking. Your version of Is There Anybody Out There was absolutely fantastic and I am always striving to try to reach the bar that you set so high. The singing and playing will come with time and practice. Right now, my primary goal is to improve as a guitarist, and I know that I am improving. Maybe not always as speedily as I'd like, but it is happening. And, yes, there are just too many good songs to learn and not enough time!!

suziko

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:51 pm

Chas- Thank you! It was a tough song, but somebody had to do it! :)

Chasplaya

Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:04 pm

suziko wrote:
Chas- Thank you! It was a tough song, but somebody had to do it! :)
Well I'm just glad it was you :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic