Circle Game- by Suziko

suziko

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:28 am

As one of the more vocal members who has been pestering for more songs by female artists, I was thrilled when Neil posted the lesson for Joni Mitchell's Circle Game. I love the sound of the open-G tuning and the style of the fingerpicking in it. I worked pretty regularly on this song for the past 3 weeks and though it's not perfect by any means, I'm not sure it's going to get any better any time soon and I'm ready to move on for a while.

I decided to play it through one time without singing so that you can actually hear what I'm playing. When I try to sing and play simultaneously (especially on a song that's relatively tricky for me to play), my playing tends to fall apart, and I really want feedback on my playing. But I then sang through one verse, with very mixed results!

Lastly, this is the grand debut for my new(ish) guitar. When a certain TG member (*waves* "Hi, Dennis!") decided to upgrade to a Taylor 814, he offered to sell me his 614. And though I didn't really need a new guitar, well, I just couldn't say no. It's a beautiful guitar with a great sound and I know I will love it for many years to come.

Please feel free to give me some feedback- both positive and negative.

haoli25

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:51 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you Suzie. You made my day. That was just great. I think your new Taylor 614 is a perfect match for you. Great sound, great hand position, great fingerpicking, and your lovely voice....Bravo!!! Even the couple of small goofs were covered very, very well. Thank you for posting your video.

Bill Image

tom18

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:58 am

Congratulations Suzie, you played that beautifully. You and your new Taylor both sound great; you both have a bright future together. All the best,
Tom

stratman3

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:04 am

Suzie, excellent, great job and the new Taylor sounds wonderful. It wont take long and you own this song.
BRAVO!!!.....Gary. B)

dekotaj

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:10 am

BRAVO!!Suziko,

I was setting here lessening to you play while reading you lead in to your song and I heard and angle start singing.I look around and yes there shes was.Loved the little smiles.I like your vocals as a tinnier.Very well done.Be careful backing into the chair.

Walking away from a song sometimes is a good thing at least for me.After practicing a song to learn helps to give it more meaning.Find the parts you feel you need to work on and play into it by a measures or two and out of it by one or two.You and Mechelle must be hanging out,Both of you lady's have very nice guitar presents and posture.

Very nice guitar,looks fabulous,No surprise seeing you got it from Dennis.And you got really good sound out of it.Thanks for the song I really enjoyed it.BRAVO!!

Kevin

BobR

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:22 am

Suzi,

Very, Very nicely done. Sounds like you have the song down really well. With a bit more time with singing at the same time you'll have it all. I loved the smiles during your very minor "oops" as well as the end. BTW congrats on the new guitar, it sounds great.

Thanks for posting I really enjoyed it.

Bob

Craig

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:33 am

Great job Suzie! I knew you had been working on that song from a previous PM, and was anxiously awaiting...sure enough, it was very well done! Congratulations on your guitar and a great video post! Thanks for sharing and continuing to inspire.
Craig

neverfoundthetime

Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:43 am

Lovely, lovely, lovely Suzi! Beautiful playing and sound coming out of that ex-Dennis Taylor! Really sweet, you were made for each other. Pizza for having a go at the singing which obviously isn't easy when you have to focus on the playing. That is one sweet video and please warn us next time when you're going to give us that smile right into the camera like that... need shades!! Knocked my socks off! ;-)

Music Junkie

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:01 pm

Hey Suzi:

Good to see you again. Love the new (o.k. new to you) guitar. Not a big fan of Joni's, but I enjoyed watching and listening to you play. Your hand position and posture is, as always, very good. Singing while playing is a big challenge. It is hard enough to sing while strumming, but trying to sing while fingerpicking is even harder (at least to me). Major kudos to you, and it is great to see you smile.... B)

Jason

caymandiver55

Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:07 pm

YES !!! THANK YOU SUZIE ! Nicely done !! :P

JJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic