Tears in Heaven

jayswett

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:00 am

Nicely done overall, and as a "work in progress", it's well on its way to being a completed project. As a user of Audacity, I was intrigued by your comment that it was helpful in dissecting out Neil's play through. How so?

MarkM

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:44 am

Thanks for posting Dan. That was very enjoyable and really well done. A few more weeks and this will be perfect. As Jay asked, I too am wondering what you meant by using Audacity as a tool. I like the program very much but now sure how you are using it.

MarkM

suziko

Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:14 pm

Dan- I thought that sounded really nice. The tempo is the last thing to worry about, in my mind. It's far important to play it right slowly than to play it wrong up to speed. Keep up the good work!

Suzi

wammer

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:36 pm

Dan well played thanks for the inspiration..........

Tammy

webtvdan

Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Thanks for all the kind & helpful comments.

Spent the weekend playing along with Neil at the correct tempo. New video is attached.

Breaker - thanks for pointing out the clunky section– think I’ve fixed it. If you hear another error, please say so.

Willem – glad I inspired you to play ‘Here Comes the Sun’ – fun tune. Currently using light strings.

MarkM & jayswett – Dissecting with Audacity - record Neil’s ‘Play thru’ with my soundcards software – (Windows has a ‘sound recorder’) then “Open” into Audacity. Next use the “Cut” tool to isolate different sections of the song. Often make several small pieces.

Finally use the “Change Tempo” tool found under ‘Effect”. Changes speed without changing pitch. At half or quarter speed easy to “dissect”.

Impressed with Audacity

tovo

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Hi Dan, I've just had the opportunity to watch both videos. There sure is a lot of improvement evident in the second video, and given the short space of time between the 1st and 2nd, certainly great improvement.

The version I listen to most often is from the unplugged Album. My feeling is that version is slower than you are playing in your 2nd video, but the tempo can be changed as you see fit. The most important thing is that you have it down. Great work, thanks for the post I enjoyed it very much.

mcfingers

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:29 pm

Wow Dan, you really did smooth things out. Very nicely played. While I can't really point to any big flaws the tempo did seem slightly fast to me. A trivial criticism at best and only personal preference.
Well done,
Steve

beaker

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:46 pm

Dan,
This is so great! what a cool thing to see the 2nd post of the song with these great improvements. I really liked it. I think it is significantly smoother than your 1st version. Nice work! Beaker.

Lavallee

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:14 pm

Dan, I thought the first one was really good but you have improved significantly the rhythm on the second video.
Great post

Marc

webtvdan

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Feels a little quick to me – but practiced playing along with Neil in the ‘Play Through’.

Even tried inserting the two “slaps” but didn’t like the effect.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic