Tears in Heaven

webtvdan

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Here’s my rendition that’s still a ‘work in progress’. Audacity really helped dissecting Neil’s great “play through”. Also assisted having the sheet music in addition to Neil’s’ Tab.

Need to get it quicker. Sounds rushed and make even more mistakes when I pick up the speed.

Went back to the Elixir Nanoweb strings - though now using “lights”. Fingers getting stronger – was unintentionally bending the extra-lights.

NOTE: This is not the original video posted here. Someone mischievously deleted it from YouTube. This video was made and posted below after the helpful suggestions that follow and a weekend of additional practicing

buddy

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Dan,

That was very pleasant and relaxed and you played at a nice tempo. A little more time with it and you will have the bugs worked out.

Bud

BobR

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:07 pm

Dan,

That sounded really nice. Just a couple of minor pauses but overall I thought you did a really good job. With a bit more practice and you'll have it nailed.

Thanks for posting

Bob

beaker

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:26 pm

Dan, excellent posting. I thought your guitar sounded great, your tempo was good. Overall, very close to having it nailed. Just a little more practice. I just noticed the section from 0:55-1:00, did you miss a bass note or 2 there? You did a change there that sounded a little clunky, was there a timing issue there? I think it may be worth a look. But like I said really great rendition! Beaker.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:09 pm

Really enjoyed your post Dan. Nice job! I think that is coming along just fine. Couple of pauses but no problems there at all for you. Nice to hear from you again.

willem

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:21 pm

hEY Dan,your first post you inspired me to add HCTS,and ''m on my way on it..

I like your playing on TIH,,i think you must over think to do a collaboration with the guy''s that bin busy on thing's or oing to do,,

The only thing i can say on TIH,well i listen alway's that way,, let hear in a impressive way that you arived at the the bridge,,looking forward to your update or a next one

Ps you said, ''now using light's,, do you mean your strings or a spotlight??

Lavallee

Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:23 pm

Dan , it sounds really good to me, nothing comes out obviuos here as far as suggestions beside the speed that you mentionned which will improve over time.

Great post

Marc

michelew

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:24 pm

That's fantastic progress Dan. You really are well on your way to nailing it.

I also thought that there were a couple of missing notes. Maybe just play along with Neil a couple of times more too.

That's it! I can't wait any longer. I'm off to check out the lesson. Thanks... :S :silly: :P . Oh the poor song queue... (What a terrible problem to have). :blink: :laugh: :)

Beautiful. Just keep doin' what ya doin'.

Michele

dekotaj

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:09 pm

BRAVO!!Dan,

I've always enjoyed this song.A great Clapton song.A tribute to hes son.What powerful lyrics in this song.Good job on you cover.Thanks for posting it.

Kevin

haoli25

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:40 pm

A very good job Dan. A good song, but not the easiest to play. You are down to the final stages of practice and polish on this one. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic