Lucky Man Beginner Lesson, Version 2

sws626

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi Brad,

I had a look earlier today and saw there were some problems with the upload. It's great that you've decided to post this and I look forward to seeing it. We've all been there and I'm sure you'll get a lot of constructive feedback.

-Stuart

buzz_187

Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:34 pm

okay, im home and uploading the vid to youtube as i type this post! so, you all will see this horror flick all too soon! LMAO -Brad

wrench

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Hey Brad,

We'll get some feedback going when the upload problem clears up. If it doesn't clear up soon, check for a problem with duplicate filenames/titles - YouTube spits out duplicates.

Anyway, congrats on the first post - it's a rush isn't it?

BobR

Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Hey Brad,
I checked this out at lunch and now around 7:30PM you still play way too fast.

Hope you can get up a normal speed one.

Good luck

Bob

buzz_187

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:49 pm

OMG!!! i sooo wana get some feedback from you guys, but it is STILL playing in triple or quadruple time, ive uploaded the vid (which plays fine in my wmp btw) 7 times now and every time its the same.....maybe cuz my cam saves as .avi, im just gonna have to download and use different software, what a damn pain!!! BUT BUT BUT, i promise ill have a vid posted in this thread TONIGHT!!!! -BRAD JONES

p.s. - just want to apologize again, so sorry guys, im really trying here!

Lavallee

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi Brad, I am sure this is very frustrating for you. I also had technical problems but people here help me figure it out. So why don't you outline step by step your procedure from recording (including your sound and video format from your camera) to when you apply the link in the thread, do not omit any details even if it looks obvious.

Maybe someone will have a suggestion or a hint that will resolve the double speed playing.

Marc

buzz_187

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Worth a shot aye? Well, i start my internal webcam softwareon my laptop, check all settings to make sure it is recording normal, which my options are very limited, cuz of the very basic software. It ONLY saves video as avi. files....which play normal on my laptop(normal=semi decent video quality, little less than decent audio, but acceptable nonetheless The video is always around a minute and a half but it is huuuge in size for that short of a video (300+ mb). It takes like 40 mins to upload on youtube (so u can imagine my frustration after 6 times) and sometimes, the upload aborts @ 30% progress!

On a side note, i am about to shoot some new vids with my handheld digi video cam, should be vast improvements on sound and video qualities....so maybe the point above is moot, huh?

ps: off to the side of the side note, my digital camcorder wont rec video to a SD Card, so i had to go with my bloody handheld digital camera! Am uploading new (slightly better, go me!!!) vid as i type this reply, so as long as youtube plays it in regular time, everything should be normal with the vid! will post asap! -Brad

buzz_187

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 pm

TAADAAAHH!!! LOL FINALLY!!!

Messed up on my d-chords way more than usual, but im always messing up, so it might as well be on d.

[video][/video]

Lavallee

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:12 am

Congratulation on your first video. Glad you figured it out, you sure did work hard. I would suggest to have your hand strumming when going up and down (as opposed to just down) for a while just to get the hang of it and soon you will feel when to strumm and when not. Your chords looks quite good (including your D).

Glad you posted and looking forward to the next one

BTW is one minute was 300 MB, you should look at the audio format which might be an odd one (I had that problem) try MP3 low frequency, your file migth be cut in half , if not more.

Marc

buddy

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 am

Brad,

Way to break the ice with your first post. I can see you have been working on keeping a good left hand position so way to go. Your strumming will become more natural with practice and it does really help to play along with the original song, I would suggest that as well.

Thanks for posting and it will be really fun to watch you progress as a TG member.

Bud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic