TOVO - Father and Son Revisited

tovo

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:54 pm

beaker wrote:
Tovo, I remember your 1st post. Your new version is so fantastic. I really like this update thing. Nice job. Beaker.

By the way, the vocals were really good as well as the guitar.
Thanks mate. I just think it shows the real value of the feedback we all receive not just from Neil (which is always great) but from our fellow members. Honestly, there's little chance that one could improve as much as we all have without such immediate feedback and great support.

Thanks so much for your kindness.

buddy

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Tony,

Great Job my friend. This is what I love so much about TG, the support and synergy that is created by the videos and all the suggestions and support. It was a pleasure watching this video and seeing the tremendous change in your playing and singing. Wow, this is what it is all about for us !

Bud

tovo

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:33 am

Thanks Bud, now I can keep Mrs Shrek happy by finally moving on...she has the patience of Job, but it was starting to wear a bit think I think!

willem

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:34 am

Tony,,your first vid on this song was'nt that bad,,so this was fantastic,,you really getting better..you may be my naber..

tovo

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:14 am

Hey thanks my Dutch friend! I always appreciate your positive vibes.

willem

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:29 am

Oke Tony mate,,i listen again to the lesson for the intro (lick),,try to keep the fingers at the strings so they sound legato,,

rapsidy

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:35 am

Great job Tony

The dimmed light really did add to the effect.. very mysterious.. suited the song

yes and great job vocally as well it all sounded smmoooooooooooooooooooooth B)

Brad

tovo

Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:59 am

Thanks Willem, I struggle a little with that as I find the timing difficult if I hold the notes too long, but I know your point is correct.

Brad thanks. Fortunately the video has improved a little after being uploaded and now it's not quite so black. Thanks for the comment.

willem

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:10 am

tovo wrote:
[quote]Thanks Willem, I struggle a little with that as I find the timing difficult if I hold the notes too long, but I know your point is correct.

Tony,do what you play in the vid, its all in the downs and up and miss one (fake),but stay with your fingers on that strings and they sounded legato,,i think.

jayswett

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:52 am

I have the day off today, so I'm planning on spending quite alot of time on TG, getting caught up, practicing, etc. Watching this video was a great way to get my day on TG started. Several comments:

1) Your singing is such an asset for you, that I have to mention it even though I know it's not your focus right now. I really, really wish I could sing like you do.

2) I liked the shadowy video effect you created with your late night recording. I'm not sure it was intentional, but I found that I enjoyed it.

3) Strumming was smooth, controlled, flexible. Certainly better than previous videos. You kept time quite well.

4) I agree with Dennis regarding the "staccato" thing. He describes the issue better than I ever could, but I also noticed that minor problem right away. I would think you just need to keep the string fretted a bit longer after hitting the note.

5) Those Bm7 chords were hardly "howlers", but I'd agree there is some room for omprovement there. As with nearly everything guitar related, a couple of more rounds at playing that song will likely clear up that minor problem.

6) This was a great effort overall. Certainly one of your best.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic