TOVO - Father and Son Revisited

BigBear

Sat May 01, 2010 12:58 am

Tony- great improvement over version one! Everything about this one is better. Much smoother, more confident, better strumming, better singing, the works.

The only thing giving you fits is that little vamp at the start. Try sliding into the C note on the 3rd string (I'm going from memory here) and then let all the notes ring a little. You are cutting them off much too quickly and it sounds choppy.

It took me a while to realize this was a re-post and I didn't read all the comments by others so I apologize if I repeated what someone else said. But this is the beauty of TG and TARGET. You took all the comments from your first video and made major improvements and then re-posted. To me, that's perfect! Exactly the way this site should work.

As you often say, well done mate!

Cheers! :cheer:

tovo

Sat May 01, 2010 6:33 am

Thanks Anton, it's very nice to see you back mate.

Rick, thanks. I very much agree with you. Taking the comments and advice and working on them for a decent period of time is a very rapid way to improve.

The intro notes I think are much better in terms of timing. I accept absolutely that I can improve further by letting them ring. I doubt I will post this song for a 3rd time, in fact I am sure I won't, but I will work on that aspect. Thanks for the comment mate.

Chasplaya

Thu May 06, 2010 4:42 am

Tony tony tony... I go away for a week and what happens, I almost missed your rendition of a great song. I only noticed as I was actually searching You Tube and noted this on my subscription page.

Great voice mate i'm almost as green as you are .. with envy, i've no great voice to speak of. I'd agree with Rick about letting those notes ring out though, thats the only major comment about improvement on this version. But hey man that strumming is now humming, certainly vast improvement, lighter touch better rhythm, great stuff.

Good on ya mate, XXXX's all round (To our Northern Hemisphere friends those X's are not kissess either)

neverfoundthetime

Thu May 06, 2010 4:50 am

xxxxx ?.... hmmm, let me guess... beer?

willem

Thu May 06, 2010 5:03 am

My latin say's ten's,

tovo

Thu May 06, 2010 5:41 am

Hey Chas thanks for the comments and encouragement. I watched again the version of Cat that I used for reference, and I don't think the notes ring out that much to be really honest, but so many people have commented on that I accept it. Since posting this I have concentrated on holding the notes a bit longer. I'm not being arrogant, I love to get tips for improvement.

Good news is that the Cat is coming to Adelaide on 12 Jun. 200 bucks to sit close and I figure it's probably my last chance to see a musical legend so I'm there, booking tickets tomorrow. I'm very excited about it, I think the guy is a musical genius. I'll be sure to post on the event.

By the way, XXXX is beer, one can only wonder about a State who can't think of a better name for their beer than XXXX.

neverfoundthetime

Thu May 06, 2010 6:16 am

Now I would give a lot to sit in that audience with Cat Stevens live Tony. When I look at his live performances of the 70's, his energy and aura is stunning. In this video he's not even playing the riff himself... and I had to chuckle at his sitting position... proof that we all do it, including the best! Have a great gig and let us know how goes.

BobR

Thu May 06, 2010 4:59 pm

Tony,

That sounds awesome. You're sure to have a great time. Hey beer is beer, XXXX or whatever.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic