TOVO - Father and Son Revisited

tovo

Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Craig thanks. You've been a supportive guy and I appreciate it.

Mark, from you that's very high praise, thanks. The B7 is hit and miss. I went through a period of practice where I was just nailing it...the camera adds some pressure, particularly as the end of the song draws closer and you start to worry about blowing it.

Steve you made me laugh. Perhaps I AM in the witness protection program...you never know! Thanks for your kind words.

hasben

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Tony Tovo, a great song and well done. Man, or mate, your fluidity (if that is a word) strumming has greatly improved. I, as you know, am not a good critic of guitarism, but hey, you delivered the song. Actually, the lighting was great. You in no way looked green. :laugh: Seriously, I think I may have mentioned a few posts past: Look at your first efforts and compare them to what you do now. Amazing how far you have come and I enjoy seeing you grow. Father and Son will-- trust me on this-- become even more meaningful as your little buddies grow up. It will be a really good thing for them to revisit this post and see how "Dad", even as an "old man" could learn and master the guitar. Many kudos, mate. Keep on, my friend. And very well done.

tovo

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Thanks Fred for those thoughtful comments. When I play this I think of my own Father. We had a bad relationship for most of my youth, and disagreed on pretty much everything. My argument was flawed from a lack of life experience, his from an excess of alcohol. We couldn't even agree to disagree. Anyway, too much info. I'm sure I will as you suggest, find this song takes on a new meaning with my own sons. I look forward to that. Cheers mate.

suziko

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:54 pm

Tony- I loved it. I agree with previous commenters- nice improvement on your strumming. And I like the way you changed your voice for the "son" part. Though it seems like your accent comes out more on those parts than on the "father" part, interestingly enough!

Congratulations- I'm sure you must be proud of this version.

cosmicmechanic

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:22 pm

I liked this a lot Tovo, good cadence and delivery.
I watched it a couple times eating a very late supper and it
was fun to have a web-famous guitarist singing at my table.

It comes across as relaxed and confident ... didn't disturb
the digestive process in the least ! Ouch! What's that pain in my side?

Great to see your progress!

Pierre

Lavallee

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:41 pm

Tony, I think you did a remarquable improvement with your strumming. As the others have mentioned the whole movement is so fluid and it brougth a lot of finesse in the song, especially since the song means a lot to you. Your are improving every time you post, this was a real pleasure.

Great post mate

Marc

wammer

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:56 pm

Tony

That was such a pleasure to listen to..........Something you should be proud of.

You really do suit that song. And I can tell it has meaning to you.

Tammy ;)

tovo

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:00 pm

Thank you Suzi. I couldn't get up high, but I think I managed to distinguish the 2 verses. One day I might need to do a real Aussie song that allows me to sing in a full-on accent.

Pierre I'm glad your supper wasn't ruined! Web famous? I like that expression. We all get the chance to express our music in a way that wasn't possible only a couple of decades ago. It's such a gift to have friends to share with on the other side of the World.

Marc, merci Mate! Your comments are very kind and much appreciated.

tovo

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:02 pm

wammer wrote:
Tony

That was such a pleasure to listen to..........Something you should be proud of.

You really do suit that song. And I can tell it has meaning to you.

Tammy ;)
Thank you Tammy, very sincerely. You are very kind.

beaker

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:47 pm

Tovo, I remember your 1st post. Your new version is so fantastic. I really like this update thing. Nice job. Beaker.

By the way, the vocals were really good as well as the guitar.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic