TOVO - Father and Son Revisited

tovo

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:21 am

Thanks Jay. I really appreciate your thoughtful comments, I always find your feedback so very useful. I've practiced those Bm7 chords religiously. Sometimes, under the pressure of trying to get a good take for the camera I miss them.

I hardly think my voice is worthy of that sort of praise but I do thank you. I heard your singing on Streets of London and thought it was excellent.

michelew

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:34 am

Tony - you're the man! What a difference a little over a week of practice makes with some good technique exercises and such. That was sooo good. At the risk of echoing a heap of people that have already responded, that was much lighter and smooth. I really liked the different voices too. I kept thinking is it higher ...no...it sounds like the son part... etc. And the emotion is still there.

Great Job.

I hope you're happy with the progress you've made. You're definitely a 'web star' in my books.

What a great way to end a crazy week.

My hero.

Michele

mark

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:07 am

Hi Tony

Really good improvement. Strumming looks really natural.

Now for the next version of Norwegian Wood

wrench

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:23 am

Wow, now that's some hard work paying off. Great song Tony. Just need to work on the slides on the G string and smooth out that Bm7 a little.

I know you have no trouble with Bm. Bm7 is just the same with the little finger not applied, so in a manner of speaking it is easier than a Bm. Yeah, I'm trying a little psych on you because I know this chord is easily within your skillset (it worked for me after wrestling that chord for three months).

Your singing was fantastic. Overall, it was a great, great song. Pizza points AND a beer!

Dan

AcousticAl

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:28 am

Well I missed this one the first time around. I went to see your first version and the youtube gremlin seems to have deleted it. So I'll just comment on this version..

I really enjoyed that, Tony. Others have already commented on your strumming. Light, even touch on the strings. Great timing. Are you not having to look at your fret hand as much? Seems that way to me. Singing was great as well-- nice voice for the song.

Well done and please re-post the older version so I can see how far you've come.

tovo

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:32 am

Michele your support is so generous, Thanks so much.

Mark, your feedback on the first version really encouraged me to get with it on those Bm7 chords. I guess it was about 50% but still an improvement I think. Thanks for commenting.

Dan the man. You're right. Generally speaking my barres are quite OK. I do struggle to get the Bm7 consistently clean. More work is the only answer. I don't reckon I've spent 3 months on it....in the big scheme that's a small price to pay. Appreciate your support my friend.

Al thanks mate. I'll do my best to get the original back up. I think I am spending less time looking at my hand yes.

heyjoe

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:02 am

Hey Tony

A Grade Aussie guitar playing.

I know exactly what you mean about holding the notes for linger, its something I struggle with too, we'll get there.

Your hard work is paying off, enjoy. Its guys like you, Al, Mark and Chris etc etc that inspire me to work harder and play better.

Joe

BobR

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:23 am

Hi Tony,

Very well done. As others have said much improved from your first post.

Thanks for making the update. I enjoyed it a lot.

Bob

tovo

Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Hey Joe thanks mate. A grade Aussie playing? You're thinking of Tommy!

Thanks for taking the time to comment Bob. Cheers.

Yamaha48

Sat May 01, 2010 12:53 am

Hello Tony.

Thanks fore share this nice tune my friend.
You do a good job with this.
I like the way you play and sing.

Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic