Updated: Student Review Channel Upload Instructions

TGMike

Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:09 pm

*4.30.10*

Hello TARGET members,

This message is to discuss changes to our TARGET Student Upload YOUTube Channel and Video Responses by Neil benefit to TARGET members. We are no longer allowing direct access to our YouTube Student Channel. There was some abuse recently with the feature and so we are introducing a change in how the system works.

You can access a new Student Channel Video Uploader CLICK HERE

Please do not share the address of the tool itself with anyone. The tool is very easy to use requiring only the Band, Song, and optional description. After uploading your video using the tool we will post it to the YouTube channel shortly after.

We know how important getting a personal video reply from Neil is to our members who have submitted themselves playing on video for continued growth in your guitar playing. We look forward to continuing this program for our TARGET Members.

Sincerely,
TG Team

michelew

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks for the information Mike. And thanks for re-uploading my video to the student channel.

Has something changed with inserting videos into our threads. I've just tried to insert the new video link into my thread for "Is There Anybody Out There?" and I seem to be doing something wrong or it's just not working.

I've got a hyperlink (where I use to get the video - using the same process). I tried a different technique by using one of the options available from the "Video:Select Provider or URL - modus" button. But, you'll notice that it has worked either. Am I forgetting something? Or has something changed for inserting videos.

Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/86- ... y-michelew

Thanks.

Michele

BTW - thanks phantom video burglar, video gremlin ....hmmmm... I hope it wasn't a comment on my and everyone else's playing.

suziko

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:52 pm

I followed the instructions and re-pasted the URL into my thread. Worked like a charm!

Thanks, guys! Well done!

michelew

Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:13 pm

All good. Thanks Suzi. I was using the wrong link.

ta

Michele

AndyT

Mon May 17, 2010 8:47 pm

I would like to suggest some changes in the uploader.

It currently asks for Band name and song title.

What if I'm posting a question? (Which I did)

How about we have a choice of 3 possible options with a radio button to determine which one to use?

A song upload from a lesson.
A Question upload no song.
A song upload Not a lesson.

With appropriate comment boxes and such for each.

AndyT

Mon May 17, 2010 9:11 pm

Also, the link in the first post of this thread goes to a different uploader which I used by mistake. Please fix the link and remove the other uploader. Thanks.

TGMike

Mon May 17, 2010 11:00 pm

The link is updated to current uploader.

AndyT

Mon May 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Thanks Mike. Could you fix my current video? I seem to have duplicated my upload by using the wrong one.

rapsidy

Tue May 18, 2010 2:58 am

Where does Neil respond to the videos is it in Neils response to videos bit? I know that sounds really dumb but I havent seen any response in their for about 6 weeks, or do they go somewhere else Im not aware of?

AndyT

Tue May 18, 2010 3:45 am

They go to the forum Student Review section. You will see them as new threads only for Target members.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic