Lucky Man Version 3

izzyhara

Sat May 01, 2010 2:21 pm

Man you are doing really well !!! I didn't respond to your other attempts, but I am watching you. You got some great advice already, and I agree with all of it, especially the emphasis on the first beat, and realizing that you don't have to make a sound with every strum stroke. That and a lighter touch will improve this immensely. Isn't it exciting to learn to play something? I will say your chord progressions are coming along nicely. Your hands are learning to switch those chords with very little hesitation. Good job, and keep em coming. Izzy

buzz_187

Sat May 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Man, you all cant even imagine how your comments inspire me! At any other forum they'd be like booo shut up and quit postin this s*#t. But TG is a totally different world, one of a kind! I thank you all from the bottom of my heart, now about the advice, yeah i know im very tense and strumming that thing like whoa, but i get really excited when im playin(especially when on camera), i have to learn how to control that, lol!! I have been practicing my chord changes every night for ten days straight till my hand and fingers cant take any more. I feel progress in my shapes but theres always this one finger that is out of time or goes to the wrong place, i.e. my pinky when going to G. He wants to come waaay up off the fret board and then settle down on the string, ive had to actually take my right hand and stop it from coming off so high a couple of times, lol! And another thing that im still trying to improve because its soooo crucial, is my body position, a few nights ago, my guitar started moving aroud like crazy in between chords, then someone suggested i look at Neil acoustic genius vids, and ill be damned it there wasnt a video called, "Holding the guitar and left hand position" this alone has almost corrected my problem. But anyways, thank you ALL sooooo much, like i said you all's inspiration is what is keeping me going, that and the excitment of learning to play this thing, as Izzy said, so thats all til next time, see ya round the site. -Brad

wrench

Mon May 03, 2010 7:48 am

Wow. You're coming along well. You look very comfortable holding the guitar. With the wrestling match over, you can concentrate on the music. You're tempo still drifts some, and that part of that might be the adrenaline rush from the camera. In one of the TG Live webcasts, Neil gave advice for playing on camera that was very meaningful for me: Don't try to play better than you ever played before, just play as good as you can.

Great improvement, though. Keep practicing to a timing aid (metronome, drum track, original record,etc.). And have a lot of fun. You're going great.

Dan

wiley

Mon May 03, 2010 8:57 am

Brad, you have already come a long ways, and in only ten days!

The best advice you can pay attention to is 'slow it down'. Like a NASCAR driver, you want to be smooth so that you can go faster and smooth comes by 'hitting your marks' with as little conscious thought as possible. That's only possible if you 'go around the track' slowly at first and find those marks.

Thanks for your post, honestly it helps all of us learn, by watching you learn.

Great Job!

buzz_187

Mon May 03, 2010 11:41 am

thanks for the advice! Ive been taking it ALL to heart and using/abusing every little detail you all tell me about!! It already sounds infinite better, so good, that ive moved on to the next beginners lesson, doing "Who'll Stop The Rain" now and also still working on "Dont Fear The Reaper" on the side

Yamaha48

Mon May 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Hello Buzz.
Dont fear the reaper is thing to do.
I think the best way is wiht a metronome.
The speed up part is fore me,a hart part.
Give it a try my friend.

Greetz Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic