rapsidy- impulse post- Two of Us

buddy

Sun May 02, 2010 10:55 am

Brad,

Really enjoyed your post. Your joy of playing the guitar is really coming out as you are getting more comfortable with your playing.

Keep it up !

Bud

d_dog

Sun May 02, 2010 1:25 pm

Amazing Brad! I can't believe how much you've improved so quickly. I can't even imagine (pardon the pun) my life if I hadn't been listening to the Beatles all these years. You are definitely in for a very enjoyable journey. You played that song wonderfully! Great singing too, it is very difficult to do both at the same time. I'm so glad you got a chance to whistle away! I agree with Mark on the alternate ways of playing the chords during the Chorus "You and I have memories..." These are B flat, Dm and Gm. As Mark said, have a look at Neils video again, the B flat, Dm and Gm can all be played as barre chords to make the transitions easier. The B flat is at the 6th fret (low E or 6th string as the root) in the "E" form shape. The Dm chord can be played as a barre chord at the 5th fret (A or 5th string as the root) in the "E" form shape. The Gm chord as a barre chord, is at the 3rd fret (E or 6th string as the root) in the "Em" form shape.
You can refer to the chart included here for reference. Image

wrench

Mon May 03, 2010 7:26 am

Awesome Brad. Your progress is impressive. I really enjoyed that video, and I'm looking forward to your follow up.

Dan

dennisg

Mon May 03, 2010 10:12 am

Brad, very nice job on a tough song. I have no insight to add here. What the song needs most is practice time, and those chord changes will smooth out.

rapsidy

Tue May 04, 2010 4:42 am

Yes practice i shall

D Dog thanks for chord chart will give them ago

cheers
Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic