rapsidy- impulse post- Two of Us

jim56

Sun May 02, 2010 5:25 am

Hey Brad,
Well done! I know that piece and hope to play it as well as you. Bit more practice and you'll have it nailed. Looking forward to an update. Thanks for sharing. -Jim

stratman3

Sun May 02, 2010 5:56 am

Brad,
Great job, nice everything and on the first take!I found myself singing along with your, we harmonize very well together...HA!. So you havent listened to the Beatles much? Well you have got a big, big treat a head of you...such GREAT stuff. I have 6 words for you..."Rubber Soul, The White Album, Revolver". Thats just a start.

Thank for sharing....Gary B)

suziko

Sun May 02, 2010 6:01 am

Brad,

That was a very enjoyable performance to watch! "Two of Us" was one of the first Target Lessons that I looked at, and I remember being defeated by the barre chords in the bridge. You did a nice job switching to them- it looked quite smooth. And I'm impressed with your intro- very clean and steady.

Personally, I think if you're comfortable singing while playing, there's no reason you HAVE to just play alone until you master a song. You just keep doing both and at some point, they both sound good together. Some people like to get a song to a finished state (with playing) before they add vocals, but plenty of people like to just sing as they learn. And you seem really comfortable singing, so just go with what works for you.

I liked the whistling at the end! Nice touch.

Thanks! Suzi

jayswett

Sun May 02, 2010 7:50 am

Great video, and I agree your best to date. I love seeing songs played beginning to end as you did here. I'm pretty sure Mark and Ddog would agree that this perfromance was definitely up to their standards. Well done.

rapsidy

Sun May 02, 2010 8:43 am

Thanks everyone.

I would love to reply to all your awesome comments but studying for exams :angry: at moment so I just grab any chance for a break to jump on here.

It is only the support of this site that gives me the " confidence to put anything up " it is you guys/girls that ROCK B) if it was not for the supportive nature of this site i would not post a thing.

really struggling to understand how not to strum heavy, I know i do but just not understanding the touch how much etc..

I'll keep working on the bridge

Rubber Soul, The White Album, Revolver will check it out, have been doing some research " you tube" on the beatles.

I suppose i just like underdogs so knowing how popular the beatles were i chose not to bother with them, but since playing guitar you start to appreciate how hard music is to make and play. I just thought they were just cheap commercial songs until u try play em :)

This post was more a show to myself that this site works because when i saw mark & d dog play it i was hooked but had no way of playing it, that was only about 6-8 weeks ago

so this site works and this opportunity to post here and get feedback is priceless

so thank you aallllllllllll again

I read all your post and take all what u have said on board.

MarkM

Sun May 02, 2010 8:56 am

Brad,

I can't believe the amount of progress you have been making over the past month or so. Well done. You've been playing this song for only a few days? Wow!! You have gotten all the parts down well. Now its just trying to put them all together. You did get the hard part done first though and that was the time change in the "We're on our way home" section. If I remember it goes from 4/4 to 3/4 and then back to 4/4. From what I could tell you nailed that section. The barre chords...well....that will take a little bit of time. There is another fingering that may help there. Starting at the 5th then going to the 4th fret and then the open Am is the progression I think. Check out Neil's lesson again and I think I remember him going over different voiceings/fingerings for a few of those barre chords. Apart from that the only suggestion I have is practice it a bit slower for a bit. You've got everything working for you. Good hand position, correct fingerings. Just really well done. This is the song that I broke my old G fingering habbit on. Needless to say I was having a much more difficult time of it than you. Thanks for sharing!!

MarkM

Lavallee

Sun May 02, 2010 9:32 am

Brad this is just great, your chord changes including the bar chord have progressed so much. The strumming is also improving all the time. It is is much smoother every time you post. I can see you wrist flexing in the ups and downs, very good. Noticed that in the first part it is quite smooth, but when you have to sing to a higher level (you have a nice voice by the way) you strumm louder . It migth just be a reflex.

Great video

Marc

BobR

Sun May 02, 2010 9:33 am

Brad,

For only a few days on this I think you did a real nice job. A couple timing issues but overall very well done. Soon you'll have it down. Keep em' coming.

Bob

izzyhara

Sun May 02, 2010 9:46 am

Ditto what everyone else said. You've got the song down - now it is just practice to make it flow better. I hope we didn't say to the world that we didn't think people should sing with their guitars. I think what we mean is that, if you can sing and play at the same time, we believe you to be some sort of hero. Way to jump in with a post, and a new song at that. I am so in love with your accent that, if you want, you could just put up a video of you speaking - I don't know, read the phone book or something !! Great post. Thanks for sharing. Izzy

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 02, 2010 10:34 am

Great stuff Brad! So happy that the Beatles have landed in Oz at last! ;-) With your voice and easy going, sunny style, you should do more of them, you'd be a natural Paul
McCartney imitator. I like the "live" feel you give to your video performances. Good on ya!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic