rapsidy- impulse post- Two of Us

rapsidy

Sat May 01, 2010 10:47 pm

This is an impulse post as i just got excited to be able to play this song, well sort of you know what i mean :P

just wanted to share.

I only do one take otherwise id be taping all day so you get mistakes a plenty

thanks
Brad

mcfingers

Sat May 01, 2010 11:15 pm

Hey Brad, Nice job on that song. For only playing it a couple of days you really got in to it. Welcome to the Beatles, I'm glad you're discovering how much great music their produced. The only thing I noticed was that the bridge was a little rough but then it gives me fits too. With a little more practice you'll have it sounding as good as the rest of the song.

I'm glad you went with your impulse.
Nice work,

Steve

cosmicmechanic

Sat May 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Your posting this is a really good idea, and reassures me that
we can do better than just pay lip service to the Beatles' music,
that is, many of us do consider it great but are not actually playing it much.

Good start, hope it is as contagious as MarkM and Ddog's video is :)

Pierre

tovo

Sun May 02, 2010 1:38 am

Gee Brad you really ARE starting to sound Australian.

Seriously now, that was VERY enjoyable. Love your intros and your confidence to do one take. Man I tell you, I think you have a really sound voice. With further practice you have a "go to" song there. My impression was that strumming was a little heavy, I have had to work real hard on that and I suggest going though the tips I got on F&S which are applicable here. A few pauses but hey, with further work that is going to be killer. I loved it to be perfectly honest. The best thing by far that you have posted.

Please keep working and post an update. Great work mate.

michelew

Sun May 02, 2010 2:37 am

My gosh Brad for a couple of days work that was just awesome. I really enjoyed it. You had me singing and giggling.

I don't have any tips for you. I've never tried this song. But, I think you just need to keep practicing especially the bridge and you will own this song.

I loved all the voice bits too, including the whistling. I'm a big whistler myself and am always getting in trouble from my partner for it. He he...

The intro and outro voice bits - fab - kudos to you - you've got more guts and confidence than me. I'm the tape it for a day type - not the one take. Your's is way more honest and courageous. I admire your style.

Great job.

Michele

willem

Sun May 02, 2010 2:37 am

Hey Brad,,i also never listen to the beatles,,but i heard them (and i'm 56),,i was more a rolling stone fan,,and since target i discover them and my goals for this year are beatles songs and like them,(great music)..

I know this song and must say you did a nice job,,,okay the bridge,,but that you gonna nail in no time when only practice that part a ''100'' times.
ThANKS,i put you on my fouverites for playing along and keep wistheling,,

BigBear

Sun May 02, 2010 2:46 am

Brad- very nicely done! I love that song and I'm not a real Beatles fan!

Tony is correct that as you smooth out the chord chnages work on a much lighter touch. Hold the pick lightly and don't feel obligated to play every up and down stroke. I'm sure a lot of that is nerves and by singing and playing a song that you don't have fully mastered yet. That is pure overload! But as Tony says to me, "good on ya" for giving it a go!!

I was impressed you were able to pick out the notes in that intro vamp. But moving your arm so far up and down will make it difficult to remain accurate. I always say "let the guitar do the work" meaing you don't need that much volume thus you don't need so much arm movement. Try to stay compact.

You have a nice voice but weren't able to use it fully because you were struggling a bit just to keep up with the guitar. I hope you will continue to sing on future videos and as you get more comfortable with the songs you choose to perform.

Again, well done and thanks for sharing a great video with us! :cheer:

Yamaha48

Sun May 02, 2010 2:53 am

Hello Brad.

Good work fore a couple of days,good feeling in the music.
Thanks fore share this nice tune.

greetz Anton

RicksPick

Sun May 02, 2010 3:33 am

Brad simply inspirational

Now on the list of must learn
For a first take that was so well done

RicksPick

haoli25

Sun May 02, 2010 3:47 am

You ROCK Brad!!! I was humming and whistling right along with you. I really enjoyed your post. You have already received some very good advice and with more practice I have no doubt you will iron out the few rough edges. Your singing was great. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic