Don't Think Twice It's Allright

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 02, 2010 10:18 am

Really good video Jay! Your playing is, again, rock solid. Really liked the way you sang that. Makes sense to double take before you have everything roped in together. You are a handful of practice sessions away from that becoming a dead cert for your open mike list. Just anchor your the phrasing of the vocals to your playing and you'll have it nailed. great job!

6stringbostic

Sun May 02, 2010 10:57 am

great job jay! you just did EXACTLY what i've been wanting to do since i saw fretkillr's version of this song - i just have not had the time (and i don't have your skill - yet!) to put this together like you have. a great inspiration jay - keep 'em comin!

Yamaha48

Sun May 02, 2010 11:24 am

Hello Jay thanks fore share this nice video.
A nice tune,i love it.
The sound on my laptop is not loud,maby by my headphone.
You have done a good jop on this tune Jay.

Bighand fore you my friend

jayswett

Sun May 02, 2010 12:03 pm

Thanks to all for taking the time to watch. In response to some of the comments...
1) To get a click track in audacity, go to the "generate" menu and select "click track". Set it for whatever you desire. You can delete it if desired after having created your guitar track. I know I've said this before, but I'll say it one more time: Audacity is very useful piece of free software. It's worth taking a few hours to download it and learn how to use it. There are several tuturials on youtube.

2) The volume is a bit low. I'm still trying to work out a reliable recording system on my computer.

3) Marc, thanks for the compliment about my singing, but I humbly disagree that my vocal skills resemble in any way those of Fretkillr. Perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying. I'm guessing I did.

4) As the song becomes more automatic for me, I will again try to sing and play together. The guitar portion still requires too much concentration for me to sing along. As I mentioned above, I'll try to post an update in a few weeks, perhaps longer, once I can sing it.

Thanks again for watching.

Lavallee

Sun May 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Jay, you have a different voice (different tonality), but I thought your singing was as interesting as of Fretkillr. You have some tone variation that are very melodic. So there was no misunderstanding : different tone of voice but as interesting.

Marc

d_dog

Sun May 02, 2010 12:38 pm

Jay you are a picking mad man! That was just fantastic. I love Fret Killer, I've been listening to him for a long time now, pretty awesome. Man you really have a knack for picking. Great job!!!

abiliog

Sun May 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Bravo,
I knew this song from Arlo Guthrie.
Fabulous finger picking and good singing too.
A pleasure to listen.
Very well done and let them coming.
Abilio

suziko

Sun May 02, 2010 1:16 pm

Wow, Jay, that was REALLY good. I can't believe you think the tempo is a bit slow. Your picking is so fast in this song..... I can't imagine speeding it up. But that's coming from someone who is NOT a fast fingerpicker. Your singing sounds great and the playing is practically perfect (to my ears, anyway). I just wish Neil would do a lesson on this song!

I'm glad you posted. I've been looking forward to a new video from you for a while!

Suzi

Craig

Sun May 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Great job Jay! I really enjoyed that. Your finger picking continues to inspire me! Your voice is well suited for that great Dylan song. Thanks for sharing. I always look forward to your posts!
Craig

buzz_187

Sun May 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Ahhh i love this tune, and you did an awesome job imo!!! Sounded superb!! -Brad

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic