Little Martha by Mark

mark

Mon May 10, 2010 10:43 am

Here is my version of Little Martha by the Allman Brothers

I've been working on this since Neil posted the lesson.
Comments welcome

suziko

Mon May 10, 2010 11:24 am

Really nice, Mark! That's such a pretty instrumental and it looks like it must have been a challenge. But it sounded great. The bass notes sounded a little loud to me, but that could be an audio issue (with your microphone) and not how you're playing it.

Suzi

haoli25

Mon May 10, 2010 11:47 am

Wow, excellent Mark. You have inspired me to add this one to my list. Thanks for posting your video, it was a pleasure to watch and listen to.

Bill Image

willem

Mon May 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Mark,i was not so familair with this instrumental, so listen to Neil's play through,,very beautifull tune and very a challengs for you and your pretty on your way to. nail it,,when you can combine a two guitar part in one,,yeah then..your a champion,,your E .. in your case the D bass string sounded a bit hard,(was it good in tune?, or maybe your nail)hard is not the good word ,,but can find the word for it,,

beaker

Mon May 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Mark,
that was great! I definitely am envious of you getting down and learning this one. I have had a look at it and know it is tough! You did a great job though! Keep on playing it will only get easier! Beaker.

What is the next step for you? Embryonic Journey? Linus & Lucy?

BigBear

Mon May 10, 2010 1:27 pm

Mark- As always, very nicely done! It is always a joy and inspiration to watch your videos!

Thanks for posting! :cheer:

dennisg

Mon May 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Fabulous! You continue to blow my mind with your playing.

I could be wrong about this -- and I'd love to hear from Neil to be sure -- but it seemed that your bass notes got out of tempo a couple of times, as if they weren't quite synced up with the treble notes. All in all, it's a trivial thing considering the mastery you have over this song.

tovo

Mon May 10, 2010 1:58 pm

I'd love to be in a position to give you useful feedback, but all I can say is I admire your playing so much. Thanks for the look.

BobR

Mon May 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Mark,

Fabulous job. I enjoyed your playing very much. You practice really shows.

Bob

mbleier

Mon May 10, 2010 4:37 pm

Mark,
I agree with everyone that did sound great. It did sound like the bass note was a little off tempo a couple of times but was fleeting and I almost kind of liked the variety of sound it gave since it did sound a little loud throughout the song. I think these are minor points as the melody notes sounded good on the timing and in general. I have had my eye on this one for a while but just don't think I am quite there yet. Thanks again for that take on a great song.

Thanks,
Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic