Little Martha by Mark

izzyhara

Mon May 10, 2010 5:43 pm

Another amazing performance. I have this one on my list but it's that list that I can't seem to stick to. There were a couple of tempo problems in there, where you sped up a bit. But not a major issue as you play this very well. Whew.... I am getting behind.... Thanks for putting this up. Izzy

Lavallee

Mon May 10, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi Mark, I am not familiar with the song but I watched Neil play through aand listen to the original and you sound very good. If anything the bass notes were a bit too much emphasized but the melody was perfect.

Giving the impession it is easy, that is were the talent is and you sure got plenty
Marc

d_dog

Tue May 11, 2010 12:13 am

Awesome Mark! I have not constructive advice, you are way beyond my picking ability. But I hate to at least not say awesome job. You're a picking fool! And I mean that in the nicest way :-) hahahah
Really like listening to you play.

AndyT

Tue May 11, 2010 3:27 am

I have to go with Dennis and Mike on this one. A small tempo problem with the bass line.
I'd get my metronome out and slow it to half speed to get the bass tempo in synch.
Other than that, it was really nicely executed.

mark

Tue May 11, 2010 6:08 am

Thanks for all your replies.

General concensus seems to be that the bass is too loud.
It certainly seems to get louder as the song goes on.
I'll try and tone it down a bit!

Everytime I play this, at some point I get a bit lost and unsure of what I should be playing. At these points the tempo tends to go off a bit.
Also in a few points there is a slightly longer rest which I am probably rushing into.

I have a problem keeping the tempo slow on this. I start off nice and steady and before I know it I'm playing at a pace which is too fast for me to handle

rapsidy

Tue May 11, 2010 9:17 am

OH to be able to do that , anyhow its fun watching u guys do it, sounded great.

only advice i would give is raise the camera up so we can watch u pull faces while u concentrate :)

not real helpful advice i know but its all im qualified for

enjoyed it though thanks

Brad

dekotaj

Tue May 11, 2010 9:34 am

BRAVO!!BRAVO!!Mark,

What a great song by one of my favorite bands of all times.Duane Allman was ranked number two in the world just behind Jimmy Hendricks.Love Hendricks music but might have #one and # two wrong on this one.Hey just a thought.Nice guitar what is it?

Kevin

jayswett

Tue May 11, 2010 10:13 am

You played a difficult song very well. Some work to do as you mentioned above, but having seen your other accomplishments, there is little doubt you will master this song quickly. This song is on my list of long term goals.

sws626

Tue May 11, 2010 10:23 am

Hi Mark,

Great job! I listened to this almost immediately after you posted it, but wasn't able to respond. Now that I've listened to this and your Bach posting, I have to say that I'm very impressed. Judging from your other post, the timing issues on the bass notes that others have mentioned should be easy for you to address. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this with us.

Stuart

snipe

Tue May 11, 2010 10:51 am

Very nicely done. I just started working on this. I only hope I can pull it off as well as you do. Thanks for posting and the inspiration
Snipe

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic