Bouree in Em by Mark

tom18

Mon May 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Wow Mark,
That was terrific. Congratulations on conquering a beautiful and difficult piece.
Tom

Catman

Mon May 10, 2010 3:27 pm

Very nicely done Mark. You are making great progress on a very difficult project.

I do have a constructive comment though. In part B, bar 17 you slide up to the d# on the 6th fret on the A string, but it should be an ordinary note. The slide sounds out of character with the rest of the piece. Look carefully at Niel's fingering directions, they make it easier to hit this difficult transition without the slide.

David

mark

Mon May 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments.

BigBear. I've been working on it ever since Neil posted the lesson on it, about 2 and half months ago.
It takes a lot of work. I learnt the first four bars and didn't move on until I could play it at about half or two thirds speed.
I did this all the way through, even learning just a few extra notes in the second part where it gets harder.
It's really important to work out exactly what right and left hand fingers are being used at every point.

Catman. Thanks for spotting that. I am following Neil fingering for that part. I think I've just got into the habit of doing it with a slide.
I'll make sure I don't do it any more because like you say it doesn't really fit the piece.

BobR

Mon May 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Mark,
Another fabulous piece. You seemed to make a very hard piece look easy and I am sure it is not. Great job and thanks for posting

Bob

Yamaha48

Mon May 10, 2010 4:43 pm

hey Mark.

That sounds pretty good man.
Thanks fore share my friend.

greetz Anton

izzyhara

Mon May 10, 2010 5:37 pm

Wow Mark. That was flawless !!! I am working on this as well and it does work to take it a piece at a time and work it through until it is committed. I have the first section done but I don't have the tempo flawless yet. It is SO fun to play, and beautiful. You do make these things look effortless. I am very impressed..... Izzy

Craig

Mon May 10, 2010 6:22 pm

Very smooth and polished. Great job Mark. Thanks for sharing, I always look forward to your posts.
Craig

Music Junkie

Mon May 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Mark:

Gotta tell ya man, that was great! I always watch the fretting hand closely on stuff like that, cause that is where I struggle the most. Each of your fingers was moving independent of all the others (something that completely kicks my butt). I can tell you have put some quality time in on this piece. Congrats on your progress. Keep up the amazing work.

Jason

mark

Mon May 17, 2010 3:35 am

Music Junkie wrote:
Mark:

Gotta tell ya man, that was great! I always watch the fretting hand closely on stuff like that, cause that is where I struggle the most. Each of your fingers was moving independent of all the others (something that completely kicks my butt). I can tell you have put some quality time in on this piece. Congrats on your progress. Keep up the amazing work.

Jason
This is definately a good work out for the left hand.
If you are looking to improve your left hand fingering it may be worth having a go at this song.

wrench

Mon May 17, 2010 8:28 am

That was great Mark. And you made it look so easy. Thanks for posting it for us. Your vids are always top-notch.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic