Dont Fear The Reaper, progress markers.

buzz_187

Mon May 10, 2010 10:12 pm

OKay, i tried playing the intro to Dont Fear The Reaper about a week ago, yeah pretty bad. But then i tried again tonight, and when i compared the videos, to my disbelief, i had improved a little bit, whatcha think?!?!

-Brad

P.S. Sorry bout the dumb commentary, just ignore it, i hate the way my voice sounds when played back to me, lol

HERES THE FIRST ONE...

[video][/video]

AND HERES THE SECOND ONE...

[video][/video]

Lavallee

Mon May 10, 2010 10:27 pm

Hey Brad, it is quite an improvement between the 2 videos in just a week . You must be practicing a lot,

Great work

Marc

haoli25

Mon May 10, 2010 10:53 pm

That is exactly how you do it Brad. Start off with a 'slowed-down' version and keep practicing it and concentrate on just hitting the notes. The speed will come i its own time. You are doing great. Quite an improvement between the two videos. Keep at it!

Bill Image

tovo

Tue May 11, 2010 12:02 am

Hey Brad, good work. As the guys before me have said, quite an improvement from the 1st video to the 2nd. Keep working on it and you will have it nailed in no time.

I wouldn't worry about your voice, if you came to Australia you would be quite a hit.

Would it be flippant to say I could've used a little more cowbell?

d_dog

Tue May 11, 2010 12:10 am

Wow Brad that's cool! Nice improvement. I think it's cool to see the succession like that, I hope you continue to post more progress, and other songs too, nice work.
Because of the lighting, (trying putting a light in front of you or behind the camera) It's hard to see your fingering and picking. You're well on your way to getting this up to speed, when you do, pay special attention to the rhythm of the arpeggio. That constant D string ringing (I think it's D) is key to getting the rhythm right, it acts almost like a metronome in the song. It's like, ding, ding, ding, ding, rest, ding, ding, ding, ding, rest, etc. it's monotonous but it's important to get right.
Really great work man.

BigBear

Tue May 11, 2010 12:45 am

Brad- you're starting to sound like Buck Dharma himself!! You'll be playing Buck's scorching lead in no time!

Good job and nice improvement! Keep it coming! :cheer:

heatndude

Tue May 11, 2010 7:39 am

Brad your doing great, keep praticing and listen to Neil. It only gets easier as time goes by. One question, are using the dududu picking to help keep time and rythm ? Hard to tell from the video. I know that has helped me out alot !

Mark

mark

Tue May 11, 2010 8:22 am

really good progress in a short amount of time.

The bad news is that to get this anywhere near up to the real speed you are going to have to use alternating picking (up and down strokes). Check Neils lesson for this.
This is going to be difficult at first but we have already seen the progress you can make.

dekotaj

Tue May 11, 2010 9:44 am

Bravo!Buzz,

This is what we all hope for,Improvement.It way we all pick up a guitar every day and play.Every day it get a little easier.Well some days.LOL.Nice job,thanks for the song keep them coming.

Kevin

sws626

Tue May 11, 2010 10:36 am

Hi Brad,

It's great to see this kind of progress. This is coming along very well and I really enjoy seeing these works in progress. As Mark mentioned, you will have to alternate the picking to get up to full speed, but you're well on your way with this song.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic