Dont Fear The Reaper, progress markers.

BobR

Tue May 11, 2010 11:26 am

Hi Brad,

Definite improvement from your first attempt. Your timing on the second video seemed a bit off on the first couple measures but then you seemed to get it down. It did look like to me that you were using alternating up down in the second video, but it's hard to tell.

Keep up the good work. Sounding Good!!

Bob

buzz_187

Tue May 11, 2010 12:47 pm

yeah guys, i thought i was using alternate picking...i mean, down on the 1st note then up on the second and so on... is that right? and thank you for your kind words!!

-Brad

heatndude

Tue May 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Hi Brad, Alternate Pickinjg would be.

1 & 2 & 3 & 4 &
D U D U D U D U

I just couldnt tell if you doing that or not. You might be ? Anyway keep going your doing great !!

Mark

suziko

Tue May 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Nice progress on that intro. That must have been encouraging for you to see how much better you played it after such a short period of time. Keep up the good work!

Suzi

mark

Tue May 11, 2010 4:31 pm

buzz_187 wrote:
yeah guys, i thought i was using alternate picking...i mean, down on the 1st note then up on the second and so on... is that right? and thank you for your kind words!!

-Brad
Brad
It looks to me that you are using all down strokes on the first video.

In the second video it is more difficult to tell.
I think you are alternating some of the time.
Sometimes it looks like you are playing 3 down strokes follwed by an up.

Probably best to really concentrate on keeping it upand down all the way through.

buzz_187

Tue May 11, 2010 5:05 pm

okay, gotcha ;)....ill start working on it immediately, and i turned the light behind be off and turned the one in front of me on so my fingers should be much more clear now. Who knows maybe i can pick it up quick enough to post another vid tonight just to make sure im doing it right....until then, appreciate all that you are TG.

-Brad

michelew

Tue May 11, 2010 5:07 pm

Great progress Brad! See, you're on your way.

Yamaha48

Tue May 11, 2010 5:35 pm

Hey Brad.
My tip fore you,when you do the picking part rest with your pinky nokkel on the guitar.
You can do the picking part better,than when your hand is lose from the guitar.
I hope you understand my writing my friend.

greetz And thanks fore share your video,

buzz_187

Tue May 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Yeah Anton, i understand completely, and i remember Neil saying it in the lesson also, he said it would help you make less errors, which is my goal ultimately, and i HAVE practiced it with my finger resting on the first string, i dont kno why but it seems easier with my whole hand in the air, but i guess im the rookie here so i need to follow directions huh....back to the drawing board i go (or actually my chair with my pick and guitar, lol)

-Brad

buzz_187

Tue May 11, 2010 10:56 pm

okay, i just tried another practice session with my pinky alternating resting on the first string and pick gaurd. It does help with knowing where my pick is relative to the strings! good tip!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic