The Weight - D_Dog

d_dog

Tue May 11, 2010 11:24 am

Thank you so much everyone. This is a really fun song to play and sing, great campfire song. I think I need to slow it down just a tad, especially the into. And now I'm noticing that I think I picked one wrong note in the intro too.

Bill - Open mic? I'm not sure, I have thought about it. There are a few here where I live each week, I may need to go down and listen in a few times and see what it's all about.

Kevin - The Breedlove I've had for about 4 years now. It's not a high end guitar, just their Atlas series, solid cedar top, but laminate mahogany back and sides. I'm pretty happy with it overall, esp. for the price. This was recorded directly through the under-saddle pickup that I had installed. It's so so, little bit of buzzing and a tinny/harsh sound as compared to mic'ing it up. I had to juice it up a bit in post :-)

Jason - The backup vocals and main vocals, I used Garage Band's built in effects, this one was "Live Performance" with the reverb turned down a bit. I just "punched in" the backing tracks on a separate track.

BobR

Tue May 11, 2010 11:35 am

Damien,

Great job. I have always liked this song also. Looks Like I need to give it a go. I really enjoyed your playing, singing and your backing harmonies. Sounded really great. Is that a Breedlove? Sounds real nice.

Bob

BigBear

Tue May 11, 2010 12:30 pm

dennisg wrote:
Excellent, Damian -- I loved it. Terrific playing and wonderful singing. As I watched it, I was singing your harmonies for you!

So that's what they call all those bad notes- HARMONIES!!!! Thanks Dennis! :silly:

RicksPick

Tue May 11, 2010 1:11 pm

Stand up and take a bow

Wow man that was sweet
So impressed

When I grow up I want to be Dog

RicksPick

Catman

Tue May 11, 2010 2:33 pm

Nice!

suziko

Tue May 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Damian- Just want to echo what everyone else has said- great video overall. Your playing sounds great (loved the intro) and your vocals are spot-on. I really liked the added harmony vocals. Nicely done!

Suzi

mbleier

Tue May 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Damian,
I wanted to add with everyone else that you did a great job on this. I have been working on it as well and have just about nailed the intro which for some reason keeps eluding me. Your singing and playing are great and I really appreciated the performance.

Mike

michelew

Tue May 11, 2010 5:21 pm

WOW - that was just great! You sure are a singing guitarist. Your playing looked perfect and your voice ... WOW... I loooovee your voice. I second the vote that you're ready to take this out for a spin in public.

Where did you get those pipes? And do they make them in medium woman size.

cosmicmechanic

Tue May 11, 2010 8:16 pm

Damian, of course I found this video is a great success, the end is just fine too.

I've really liked this song since about forever, could you let us know how many times you have to play it to understand what the lyrics mean :)

Pierre

beaker

Thu May 13, 2010 4:04 pm

D Dog,
I liked the song, it was great. Especially the vocals, that was really neat how you added harmony tracks. I think your own assessment was right though, it seemed a touch fast, particularly during the intro. Great job though, keep on strummin' Beaker

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic