The Weight - D_Dog

d_dog

Tue May 11, 2010 1:05 am

My version of The Weight by The Band. I have always loved this song and this band, fantastic musicians, such an eclectic assembly of wonderful artists. What drew me to this song on TG was learning the intro, I had never been able to get it right, I hope I got it right now, thanks to Neil! Been working on it for about 3 or 4 weeks now. This is the first time I tried recording it. I'm now realizing that it's a little fast, always happens when the camera comes on :-) I over dubbed a couple of harmony vocal backing tracks otherwise the audio is live from the mic and guitar pick-up.
Thanks,

haoli25

Tue May 11, 2010 1:13 am

That was just fantastic! Your playing and vocals were great. I think this one is ready for a 'road-test', time for the Open Mic Night. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

Yamaha48

Tue May 11, 2010 1:38 am

Hey D-Dog.

Thanks fore this nice tune,it sounds verry good my friend.
Good voice to sings this song.

thanks and a big hand from me.

Anton

rapsidy

Tue May 11, 2010 2:20 am

lol :laugh: :laugh: dont you hate that, you get nearly to the end and bang.

D-Dog that was great, all your vids are inspiring, being looking forward to an update since u did two of us.

Its funny i didnt recognise the song title or the band, but as soon as you started playing, i new the song, funny that! like the song your playing and singing is really great.

And really enjoyed you posting the stuff up :) you were going so well too.

Keep em coming

Brad

tovo

Tue May 11, 2010 2:24 am

Hey Dog, that's the stuff. Really, really nice. The harmony backup was so very professional and I admire your ability to hit those high notes. I did a video once that I didn't quite finish, in your case I don't think it detracted at all. If anything I think it added to the charm of your video. Great effort, I loved it. So did Brad the Brit!

mark

Tue May 11, 2010 3:16 am

Really enjoyed that.

Your singing was really good as always and the backing vocals added to the song.
The opening riff sounds right to me.

jayswett

Tue May 11, 2010 4:48 am

It seems that song was written just for you. Your singing was great, and you hit those notes perfectly. As for the guitar, it didn't seem fast to me at all, and those barre chords are not a problem for you in the least. Very well done.

neverfoundthetime

Tue May 11, 2010 5:20 am

Really well done Damian! Really well played and sung...charming ending... Loved it!

Chasplaya

Tue May 11, 2010 5:41 am

What can I say... but very well done man, and hey were all human and allowed to stuff up, doesn't it get you though when you've done so well and its right at the end.

Good job on harmonising to mate.

regards

Chas

heatndude

Tue May 11, 2010 7:30 am

D-DOG that is great, As everyone else already said. Good vocals, picking, attitude etc.... If you could only get it to last another 30 seconds LOL. You have a great voice for most of the songs here and I always look forward to your posts. Thank you

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic