Lavallee Linus and Lucy part A and B guitar lesson review upload

Lavallee

Sat May 15, 2010 12:15 am

Thank you Tammy, for borrowing Bill's clapping hands ;)

Thanks Michele, I actually tried to visualize it before going to bed, not sure if it helped. It is work under progress, but is one of those songs that I just can't get enough. I thought it was really difficult at first as I cannot do as Neil suggest to have 2 individual partitions the bass line and the melody so I was learning the thumb and the pinching in sequence which has delayed in understanding the syncopation.

Thanks Bill, glad you are considering the song, I find it very unconventional, a different sound then what I am use to hear

Thanks Tom, I just PM you back

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 15, 2010 4:32 am

Nice job Marc! Looks like that is coming along really well. It would be a bit too far down the road for me for now. Look forward to your update on this.

willem

Sat May 15, 2010 4:56 am

Marc, that slow speed is not good for my eyes,,,i must say your way on the way,,alway like your choice of songs and enjoy them,,looking forward to your next and comment from the master..goodluck..

jayswett

Sat May 15, 2010 5:17 am

That looks as difficult as I remember when that lesson first appeared. I am impressed and pleased that you had the courage to take on this challenge. Well done.

suziko

Sat May 15, 2010 6:38 am

I think my favorite part is your expression at the end, where you're like, "And this is where that one part goes but.....not gonna happen!"

I haven't watched the lesson on this, so I enjoyed watching your video. I've always had fond feelings about this tune. It looks like a huge challenge, but also looks lie you're making good progress on it. I'm looking forward to an updated version in the next few weeks (or months?)!

Lavallee

Sat May 15, 2010 7:47 am

Thank you Chris,I think I finally understood the idea of the song, working on notes to sound cleaner now.

Thank you Willem, there is no way at this time I could go any faster as the song has not sank in to me yet. It is one of the song I requested so really wanted to work on it, but I find it quite challenging.

Jay, thank you, besides asking for the song lesson, the fact that I cannot really sing properly kind of drive me into those acoustic songs. I like those long term projects as they always open new possibilities. For example I am working on Mood for a Day, which I will probably never be able to play correctly, but the fingering techniques in there are very similar to classical gas. Linus and Lucy , because of the quick bass line is similar to some extent to Livin on a prayer (acoustic version) that I have been dying to learn, however, I could not do the base line with the melody. With what I am learning with this song, I feel I have a chance.

Thank you Suzi, that jazz portion has a long way to go, Neil makes it look easy but the chords require to have huge hands to make it sound clean. My hands are about half the size of his so I have not decided yet of the fingering of the chords, which makes it difficult to move ahead at this point. I always love the Christmas special they had on TV and that song was always the highlight of when everything was going great in the show after they put aside their differences. It is an optimistic song.

Marc

izzyhara

Sat May 15, 2010 10:01 am

To me it doesn't matter if you never "finish" it. You have the best and most recognizable part and there are no rules that say we have to play the whole song anyway. I can't wait to start on this today - I printed it off yesterday after watching you. I meant to say it when I wrote before - but Suzie said it best anyway. Loved your look there when you got to that one part. We all so get that look!!

waggis

Sat May 15, 2010 1:15 pm

Great job Marc! I am glad to see that you are still working on this song. This the sort of really cool song that seems to grow on you as you progress. Can't wait to watch your next update.

David

RicksPick

Sat May 15, 2010 1:50 pm

Hi Marc

Always enjoy your vids
Thank you

RicksPick

Lavallee

Sat May 15, 2010 5:09 pm

Thanks again Izzy, I intend to finish the song, still thinking about strategy. I am glad you decided to take a shot at it, It is is really fun to play, such an oddball song.

Thank you David, You made that request for the song , if I remember correctly. You are right the song is very addictive.

Thank you Rick for your good comments

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic