Lavallee Linus and Lucy part A and B guitar lesson review upload

AcousticAl

Sun May 16, 2010 6:50 am

Just watched this, Marc. Seems to be coming along well-- and good call playing it at that speed. I know you are a methodical player who takes his time with new songs and wants to get them right. You're on your way with this one.

Looking forward to an update.

MarkM

Sun May 16, 2010 8:45 am

Marc,

I really enjoyed that. The speed was just fine as you played it very well. Totally recognizable. That was very impressive as I remember the lesson and thought that there was no way in **** that I would look to go there. You did a great job and I really look forward to seeing how this song progresses for you. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

Lavallee

Sun May 16, 2010 9:16 am

Thanks Al, the speed was important as you said to keep it recognizable. It was mainly to get use to that frequent syncopation that I had so much difficulty with, which the speed (trying to follow Neil in the very slow play along in the lesson) was giving me the chance to feel it. Since I finally saw the benefits of the slow playing while learning that Neil repeats frequently, I move quite faster in the learning process. Within a week after making the video, I am almost at full speed for those sections

Thanks Mark, I know for sure that you could play this song, it is all a mater of interest, you prefer strumming and enjoy singing, I prefer finger picking and cannot sing (good enough to enjoy it anyway), so we choose what we like.

Marc

BobR

Sun May 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Marc,

I just got to see your video. Sounds like you're well on your way. Great job. Nice expression at the end too :lol: . I look forward to your update.

Thanks for posting.

Bob

d_dog

Sun May 16, 2010 6:43 pm

Really great work Marc, you have this down really well.

Lavallee

Mon May 17, 2010 6:56 am

Thank you Bob and Damian. I have started working on the 3rd section, should update within the next year
Marc

wrench

Mon May 17, 2010 8:52 am

Marc, you are so easy to find. One needs to look no further than the most difficult music ever written, and you'll be nearby. Wasn't Classical Gas one of your first pieces?

Anyway, thanks for the proof that it can actually be played. You actually made it look quite playable. I gave it a brief try a few weeks ago, but I wasn't quite ready for it. I would like to play for the holiday season this year.

I'll be awaiting your follow up, and thanks for posting the vid.

Dan

mbleier

Mon May 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Thanks for another great video. The dedication to the instrument is always apparent in your videos. I don't know about other people but I enjoy seeing the process of getting a song nailed down. I look forward to when you have this one up to where you want it.

Mike

Lavallee

Mon May 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Thanks Dan, you were saying that you tried but you were not ready for it. To be honest, it took me a month to get the first melody measure with the bass line. So I am sure that you are ready as I saw what you did on your videos. The song is quite abrupt at first even if there seem to be very little movement, you have to be patient and never tired of hearing the song ;)

Mike thanks for the nice comments, I am working on the missing section fro an eventual update, but I think I need longer fingers :laugh:

Marc

snipe

Tue May 18, 2010 9:30 am

Marc,

Looks really difficult. Thanks for taking this on and posting it. Would like to see an update at some point.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic