buddy learning WISH YOU WERE HERE guitar lesson

buddy

Sun May 16, 2010 2:32 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

BobR

Sun May 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi Buddy,

Very well done. I think you did a great job on this song. Timing sounded spot on. The guitar playing sounded really nice. Your singing was really good also. I enjoyed it a lot.

Bob

Music Junkie

Sun May 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Buddy:

Nice job my friend. I sincerely expect to hear this waffling up the back canyons this year on the East Side.....lol It would make a great campfire song. Snows a meltin', and the mountains are a callin'.......Good work.

Jason

d_dog

Sun May 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Great work Buddy, looks like you've been working hard on this one.

thereshopeyet

Sun May 16, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks

AcousticAl

Sun May 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Nice one, Buddy.

One thing I noticed is that you stop your strumming occasionally. This seems to affect your timing. Neil suggests that you keep the up/down motion constant, even if you're not hitting strings.

Guitar sounds great in this one. New microphone?

Chasplaya

Mon May 17, 2010 1:42 am

Really nice Buddy, As Al mentions about stopping the strum, I do that as well at times and its a conscious effort to not do it, usually after an emphasised strum. No magic bullet to fix it other than repetitive practice. When you do the bends on this I find bringing my thumb further behind the neck gives me the ability to apply more pressure I also bring in the trailing finger to help out i.e. if its a third finger bend I bring the second in close behind to help out bend the string, I read on a Gilour interview thats what he did when he was starting out. NOt sure about whether the solos were your interpretation or not but the notes were a bit different to original, didn't detract though as they all fitted in with the song. As always envious of a good singing voice there mate. Every time we hear you its a step in the right direction, keep it up.

AndyT

Mon May 17, 2010 1:47 am

Buddy,
Really nice job. Good singing. This is one of my favorites. I've always loved Floyd. You did a really good job of it.

I can tell Chas liked it from his non-stop clapping but that intense look on his face... I don't think I'd want to sit too close to him in the theater... :laugh:

willem

Mon May 17, 2010 5:13 am

So Bud(dy),,that's what i like play the whole song,,can say much about to give advice,,,needs a litlle work and you are there,,for me the song came along and find it a good job while doing it standing..take a bow to ya!!

Lavallee

Mon May 17, 2010 6:58 am

Good work Buddy, thanks for posting
Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic