tvarga learning to play The Clap acoustic guitar

haoli25

Sun May 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Wheeeeeeeeeee! :laugh: What a ride, Tom! That was excellent. Your fingers must still be smokin' after that. (By the way, just so you will know, Steve Howe is an alien, he is NOT from this planet. I have counted at least 10 fingers on his left hand) :)

It was an absolute pleasure watching and listening to your video, thanks for posting it.

Bill Image

BobR

Sun May 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Hi tvarga,

For something you learned 25 years ago it still sounds like you know how to play it. I thought it was really good.

Thanks for posting

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Sun May 16, 2010 9:58 pm

BobR wrote:
Hi tvarga,

For something you learned 25 years ago it still sounds like you know how to play it. I thought it was really good.

Thanks for posting

Bob
It would reassure me to think that you've been learning this for 25 years, or a good number of them.
Is this the case, or did you really get a good grasp on this tune that long ago?

Great show tvarga, thanks also for the Steve Howe comparison

Pierre

AcousticAl

Sun May 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Yeah-- but can you play 'Puff the Magic Dragon'? Hmmmmm?

That was really fun. I am as impressed both with the fingerwork AND your memory.

I defer to Mr. Hogan for the critique.

Looking forward to more of your videos.

Chasplaya

Mon May 17, 2010 1:53 am

On Neils 1 - 10 scale this might just be an 11. NO comment from me on what was a very credible rendition mate well played.

I don't think I'll be trying this anytime soon lol.

AndyT

Mon May 17, 2010 2:48 am

That was well beyond my current playing ability, but there are 2 things I saw that you might choose to work on.

Neil has fits with the thumb over the neck. I know why you used it that way (And Neil will too of course) but if you can use a different hand position to achieve the same thing, then you will be able to move between chords that much faster. Although it doesn't look like your having much problem with that anyway.

The other thing is your strumming. Its a bit hard to tell because the video is a bit jumpy on my end, but it looks like your stopping and starting as you strum, changing the size of your strum as you change how many strings you play. I would suggest you go for a more even strum motion that does not have the small hesitations in it that I saw. (Like I said, the vid is a bit jumpy and it could just be on my end.) A smoother strum would give you cleaner and tighter timing. I did not hear any timing issues, but there you have it. My half nickel for what its worth.

Really nice. I enjoyed watching you play it.

willem

Mon May 17, 2010 5:36 am

Tvarga,,are you a gipsy,,alway's liked gypsy music,,i don't know the song but to my ears it sounded like some gypsy music and i liked it very much,,for me it was very impressive,,lets wait on the master then you can tell him how to do this song..lol

wrench

Mon May 17, 2010 9:03 am

Wow! I'd like to play that when I grow up. Thanks for sharing this with us. That was really insightful. It's a popular song, and clearly out of reach for many right now.

Dan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic