MarkM Wond'ring Aloud guitar lesson review upload

snipe

Tue May 18, 2010 9:20 am

Mark,

For only playing this for one week I am really impressed! I think as you continue to work on it the individual notes will start to ring out. I agree with you that the singing will help to make the whole thing flow. Really a great job! Hope to see your progress on this as I am a Tull fan from way back.

Mike

MarkM

Tue May 18, 2010 9:41 am

Thanks all.

Mark - Thank you. I agree that Aqualung is probably my favorite Tull album as well. Too many good songs on this one.

Andy - Thanks. At least I got the sound/style down. Still needs some tweaking here and there.

David - Thank you as well. It took a while to get the feel of this song. Still trying.

Anton - Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked it. I still can't sing and play at the same time like you though.

Willem - Thank you. Yes I am very familiar with Siggi. He does have an interesting take on this song.

Dennis - Thanks!! Practice, practice, practice. I just need to remember to keep my hand moving up and down in the proper order and hit a damn string every once in a while. You should see all the times I totally botched or came to a complete stop while trying to play this.

Pete - thank you. Well this song is only a couple of years younger than I am. I actually got into listening to this album in highschool. I must have bought this album at least 3 different times now.

Suzi - Thank you. I do have a tab that BigBear sent me that I'll forward to you if you like. I didn't follow it but rather took parts of it and some others that I found. Mostly I watched a bunch of video of Ian and others playing it.

Jason - Thank you. It just takes practice with a dash of patience. It's mostly a timing thing. I'm sure you can do it. Bye the way, congratulations on the guitar(s).

Mike - Thank you. It's all I pretty much played all week. Still can't put it down. I grabbed the guitar this morning before a call and wouldn't you know that it came out much better than yesterday......... I'll probably get a new version up this weekend.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Wed May 19, 2010 5:43 am

That was really enjoyable Mark. Your picking, hammer-ons and runs are really great. I also like the way you're accenting certain strums.

michelew

Wed May 19, 2010 6:10 am

Mark,

That is really impressive! It sounds great.

BTW - What is the make/model of your guitar? You and it are sounding better every time I here you.

Michele

MarkM

Wed May 19, 2010 9:27 am

Al & Michele thank you!!

Michele the guitar is a Taylor DN8.

MarkM

jayswett

Wed May 19, 2010 10:50 am

I didn't expect Ian Anderson to look like that at all. For some reason, I always imagined him as a tall, thin, silver haired sort of guy.

MarkM

Wed May 19, 2010 3:56 pm

He's had so many looks over the years. Check this 1976 concert footage from Tampa I believe. I like this version the best so far.

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 19, 2010 6:00 pm

Just great Mark! really enjoy your post and this was a really good one. Love JT! Well done my friend!

tovo

Wed May 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Mark I'm finally in a hotel with decent broadband and really enjoyed watching that short video a few times this morning. I think you have it nailed and I agree that your strumming is a great example. Loose as a goose in the wrist and so smooth.

Thanks for the look mate.

d_dog

Wed May 19, 2010 7:43 pm

Really great work Mark! Tough song, I hadn't heard it before until now. I think you're well on your way. Very curious to see if Neil will offer any tips, nice to see a lesson on this one.
Shorts? You're in NH!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic