tvarga Little Martha guitar lesson review upload

BigBear

Fri May 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Tom- Really well done!! You learned that in a week? That's fantastic!

A couple of things I might offer as positive suggestions:

1. You guitar position seems nice and relaxed but the neck of your guitar is really parallel with the ground. You might want to tilt it up ever so slightly. Watch Neil's position for the classic position. This is contributing to my next observation:

2. Like so many of us you have developed the dreaded "baseball grip". Your thumb climbs up over the top of the fretboard and you lose all the gap under the fretboard between your hand and the neck.

Again, great job on a tough song! I am especially impressed that you used GP6 as a learning tool. I don't have that figured out yet!

Thanks for sharing your video!

Cheers! :cheer:

Chasplaya

Fri May 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Good job I haven't tried this song yet. But it sounds good to me. I agree with you on the Guitar Pro comment great investment.

mbleier

Tue May 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Awesome Job! This one is definitely on the list. Like everyone else has said the mistakes are small and you keep the rhythm going nicely so no harm no foul. Thanks for a nice job on a wonderful song.

Mike

wrench

Wed May 26, 2010 8:26 am

That song looks really tough to me, but you seem to be well your way with it. I agree with Bear on the technical points, but I think this song will be a real jewel in your collection.

Great job, and thanks for posting.

Dan

AcousticAl

Wed May 26, 2010 10:06 pm

What I liked most about that was the tempo. You started at steady pace and never deviated. I'm assuming that you can play some parts faster, but chose not to. I also liked the fact that I could clearly watch and hear everything you did, as I'm not super-familiar with the song.

I also liked the relieved 'whew' at the end! :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic