pbraun learning to play Give Me Love acoustic guitar

pbraun

Sun May 23, 2010 5:29 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

pbraun

Sun May 23, 2010 5:40 pm

I am not surehow to add my comments about this video, so I guess I will do it this way. I promised myself at the first of the year only to learn lesson songs, especially with all the new ones. But back when we had all the talk about George and Eric this song just stuck in my head and I wanted to learn it. Neil responded on one of the daily updates and played using barre chords, but I found this one. I have a video of George in Japan and he plays it this way as well (I know that doesn't make it the best way).
So here it is, got it out of my system even though I know it can be much better, it is time to move on to the lesson songs.
Also, I sorry for trying to sing to this but without the slide guitar it needed more than just my playing
Pete

MarkM

Sun May 23, 2010 6:02 pm

Pete,

Well done!! I know the song well enough but never tried to learn it so I don't know the right vs wrong chords to use. The ones you used worked just fine to my ears. Your strumming was very nice. Not too strong or too light. I thought the tempo stayed pretty much the same throughout the song and you did some nice work down by the D chord shape. The only suggestion that I have would be to vary the degree of attack/volume of the strumming to add some texture. I'll say that I think this was your best effort to date from what I could tell. Very good job!! I enjoyed this very much.

MarkM

jayswett

Sun May 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Lots of challenges in this song: quick chord changes, barre chords, melody embellishments midway through the song, and the singing. You should be proud of this as I would be had I posted this video. Nicely done on a great song.

cosmicmechanic

Sun May 23, 2010 6:30 pm

Pete, you obviously put sustained effort into learning this, and it shows that your abilities are making good progress (chord changes and such). I do love Harrison material. Thanks for letting it all hang out and singing, it does add a lot to this video.

Only tech comment I wish to add: Your posture seems a bit strained, as if you are bending forward way over the guitar neck and looking back downwards on the fretboard.
I imagine this posture might also limit your vocals, since it would prevent you from fully controlling your breathing.

Nice post !

Pierre

haoli25

Sun May 23, 2010 10:06 pm

Thanks Pete. I have watched your video enough times and taken enough notes that I think I can steal this song from you! :) Good job and thanks for posting your video.

Bill Image

Yamaha48

Mon May 24, 2010 3:55 am

Thanks pete fore sharing your video fore uss.
It sound nice my friend,good chord change.
The capo on which fred???.

greetz Anton

Lavallee

Mon May 24, 2010 7:41 am

Hi Pete, your strumming and chord changing has improved so much. You have a good steady rhythm I also use the same A shape chord when I used a capo. I agree with Pierre about your position which should be straigther. Maybe you were trying to fit in the field of view of the camera to have a close up.

Thanks for posting

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 24, 2010 11:15 am

Well done Pete... you are coming along really well! A challenging song well done!

BobR

Mon May 24, 2010 11:33 am

Pete,

Very well done. I enjoyed it a lot. Your strumming sounded really nice.

Bob

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic