AcousticAl 'Blackbird' Complete guitar lesson review upload

AcousticAl

Tue May 25, 2010 10:24 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

AcousticAl

Tue May 25, 2010 10:28 am

So here is the full version- the correct way (once youtube finishes its thing). I won't tell you how many times I tried to get this right. Kept messing it up and it was very frustrating- as is evidenced by my hand gesture at the end.

Whatcha gonna do?

**Edit- By 'correct way', I meant compared to the way I used to play it. I know I still have a ways to go on it in general.

BobR

Tue May 25, 2010 11:29 am

Hi Al,

Well it sounded really good to me. I was waiting for a slightly different hand gesture though :laugh: :laugh:

Great job

Bob

AcousticAl

Tue May 25, 2010 11:31 am

BobR wrote:
Hi Al,

Well it sounded really good to me. I was waiting for a slightly different hand gesture though :laugh: :laugh:

Great job

Bob
Trust me, I thought about a different gesture. But this was the best take I did and I didn't want to wreck it!

jayswett

Tue May 25, 2010 12:34 pm

Sounded very good. Your expression at the end was funny. Regarding thoughts on improvement, I noted that even though you do get a fairly robust sound of your guitar, you don't really pluck the strings very hard at all. In fact, it looks to me like you barely pluck them. You might get an even better sound with a slightly more aggressive or forceful pluck. Might I suggest that ask someone to add some vocals? It would sound really nice, I suspect.

willem

Tue May 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Al you did it,,every time when go and practice something,,use thise as a warmup, do only one verse or two(ofcourse with thumb),,last time i did the whole song with thumb,,i wished i at the cam on recording,,keep goin..

dekotaj

Tue May 25, 2010 1:36 pm

BRAVO!!AL,

Not a Beatles song I've tryed yet,So no suggestion on the playing.Its sound to me as you got a good feel for the song.Seems to be fluent no problem getting threw the chord changes.good command of the finger picking patterns.So BRAVO!!nicely done.

The one thing I might suggest is some fret fast.Seems to have a lot of fret noises when move from chord to chord.Been there,fret fast seem to help me.

Thanks for posting.

Kevin

snipe

Tue May 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Al,

Sounded clean to me! I know exactly what you mean about getting frustated trying to get it right.

Thanks for posting. Excellent Song.

Mike

mbleier

Tue May 25, 2010 4:32 pm

Al,
I know the feeling with this song. I feel I am at about the same place. It can sound so smooth and good but when it is in front of someone else there are always seems to be a sticking point. I have found that if you are just willing to come off the strings a little further you won't get that noise as you move up and down the fretboard. I think you did a great job and have no cause to be upset with how you are playing this song. I would recommend now getting frustrated by making mistakes but working on learning to play through them so that they are more minor blips and not take the song to a grinding halt. Thanks again for sharing.

Mike

suziko

Wed May 26, 2010 7:26 am

Excellent job, Al!! Your gesture at the end was well-deserved! I can offer no suggestions for ways to improve as it sounded really great to me. This is a song that I keep meaning to take a look at but also keep forgetting about! Seeing your video makes me want to learn it even more.

Thanks! Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic